Monday, October 5, 2015

House Hunting...more like day dreaming

A long time ago (like when Tim started med school) he and I decided that when he finished his residency we were going to pay off his student loans first. No clinging to a 30 year loan. Just get them out of our lives. And we are on the road to paying them off by next summer!! We have both worked really hard and Tim was super blessed with scholarships, grants and good lenders and I had a good job in San Diego, to even make this a reality. All of that doesn't change the fact that we have two growing rowdy boys and not much of a back yard to speak of. I am actually super happy with our rental, but I'll be totally honest when I say that I could go for something just a tad bit bigger with a backyard... It will happen eventually. Meanwhile, we decided to just put our feelers out for houses even if it's going to be another two years before we are ready to buy one (saving up for a down payment is going to be just as daunting as paying off student loans), we found a real-estate agent and I've been getting house listings. Some remodeled homes in our area are quite tempting. The other night Tim was leaving for work and I was not super excited about spending the next hour trying to entertain the boys before bed so I decided that we should go on a milkshake drive. We went and got ourselves some shakes and looked at a few houses on the market in the area.

Sucking on their shakes! Love these two stinkers!!

I think I love this house the most!! The remodel is amazing. It's got a nice clean modern feel to it but it's not too extreme. The interior pictures are pretty amazing. 

I've actually had my eyes on this house for a few years now. It's so cool looking and has so much potential. It's pretty expensive though and it needs a ton of updating. That's one thing I'm concerned about, buying an overpriced house that needs a ton of work. If it's going to need a ton of work that's totally fine, but it needs to be a good deal.

I think this house is pretty cute! The bummer is, it's hands down the nicest house on the street. There are a lot of pretty sketchy houses around it and if there is one thing I don't want to do, it's to buy the nicest house on the street. I say go for the ugliest and work up from there :)

Even if we may not be ready to buy a house yet, it's been so fun to day dream about it. Oh to have a "first home". Hopefully by the time our day comes I won't be too picky about it.

1 comment:

  1. I've always wondered what that 2nd house looks like inside. I like houses that are a little different than what you'd expect. I think that might be one of them.

    ReplyDelete