Sunday, November 8, 2015

Another baby!!!

So....we are expecting!!! That's right, we decided to risk the dangers of being outnumbered and just go for it. In addition to being out numbered, I am also very aware that I only have two arms and well having a third means someone is going to be loose at all times. Like I said it's a risk we are willing to take ;) 

We found out when we came home from Labor Day, probably the earliest we could find out. We were so excited. I always get this ridiculously giddy feeling when that pregnancy test first flashes "pregnant". I kind of feel like I just won the lottery, only better.

I always take a picture of the test...just to remind myself that it actually did say "pregnant".

We told the boys and I think Oliver maybe got it and Peter had no clue. Even now I think Oliver kind of gets it and I think Peter doesn't fully understand and of course neither of them REALLY knows what's going to hit them come spring.

Tim had to go to work after we found out, but the boys and I went swimming and then got ice cream to celebrate.

It feels like so much time has passed since we first found out. The first few weeks I felt really good. I felt pretty good in San Diego and then we came home and I hit a big fat wall. Exhaustion and nausea hit with full force. With my boys I didn't throw up and nausea could usually be curbed by eating, but this go round food just makes me sad. I've thrown up a number of times (not everyday like I know a lot of women do, thank goodness) and nothing sounds that good. Eating is a chore, which is a bummer, because I really like eating. Not even ice cream does the trick :/ BUT, I am creeping out of the first trimester and I have high hopes that my nausea and energy comes back. 

All the exhaustion and nausea really gets me down towards the end of the first trimester and I kind of loose site of the whole point of it all. I haven't felt the baby move yet and so it's this weird "what's this all for again?" kind of feeling. Like I wonder if I really am pregnant....I know, kind of weird. All of that changes with the first doctors appointment which I had last week. We had an ultrasound and there is in fact a baby in there. A sweet healthy baby. And that giddy won the lottery feeling comes back again when I see that sweet little baby for the first time. This time around I actually cried a little bit. There is nothing more magical to me than seeing that sweet little baby for the first time. And this little friend was moving all over the place. What a miracle. I still have a hard time grasping how incredible the whole experience of bringing a baby into this world is. It truly is a testament to the fact that there is a Heavenly Father who created us and has created an amazing plan for us. 

This is the first image I saw. Look at that sweet little baby laying on it's side, curled up all cozy in there. AMAZING!!


Little profile shot.

This is the face....which kind of creeps me out :) but can you see its hand up by its face?

Here are the little legs and feet.

And another profile with its hands up by its face.

I'll be honest, it is such a relief to see a healthy little baby in there, but the anxiety really isn't over until the baby is here at home in my arms. I tend to be kind of an anxious pregnant person. I am so excited for this sweet little baby though. And next month we find out the gender. Don't even get me started on that :)


1 comment: