He took this sweet little profile picture with her hand by her face. She was moving around like a crazy person in there. It's so weird and exciting to watch her move. And I felt her kick for the first time a couple of nights ago. I love that feeling. It's so fun and comforting.
Waiting in the waiting room. I love that my mom wanted to come to this and that she lives close enough to actually come. She's honestly one of my most favorite people and she is such a support to me and my little family.
Watching the doctor work the ultrasound machine. They were very interested.
It's a girl!!! That is an emotional excited face, not a disgusted disappointed face.
Meanwhile, Tim and I have been talking a lot about getting a van. We've been putting it off to try and pay off student loans and save. We've also been super indecisive about buying new vs. used. We've always said we'd only by used, but when it came down to it the vans we were looking at hold their value so well that we bit the bullet and bought new. Tim called the dealership on Monday night trying to get some information and then he ended up going down that night and signing the papers. It was totally unexpected and really exciting!! We are all excited about a new van, rear air, more space which includes being able to drive more than just my kids places. And the thing drives like a dream :)
Tim and I have been driving the same "his and hers" honda civics since we started dating (over nine years ago). They have been such great cars and I am a little sad that we won't have our little twinners anymore. The black car will be leaving us next week for a colder home in Utah with one of Tim's siblings. Change like that is always exciting to me, but also a little sad.
About to drive off in the new vans. The boys are giddy about it which is so fun!!! Oliver has told lots of people. It's pretty funny.
I got to drive the van home and you better believe I kept my hands on 2 and 10 the entire time. I think crashing a new car would just be the worst. I wonder when my total paranoia will wear off?
By Tuesday night Tim and I were both down for the count with nasty little head colds. Raw noses and non stop coughing had me sleeping on the couch for the first time in our marriage. It was no fun and fortunately short lived. We are both feeling much better. Thank goodness!!
Wednesday night I faked feeling good and went to my sisters annual Favorite Things party. It was so fun. This was the gift that I gave. 6 greeting cards from Trader Joe's, plus a few packs for cards from Target's dollar bin, a little pack of pens and that super cute gold bowl with twix in it. Cards are seriously one of my most favorite things. I have quite the collection of cards and LOVE having some on hand. And then Twix, well who doesn't love having delicious chocolate on hand?!?!
The Saturday after Thanksgiving Target had a sale, spend $100 on holiday decor and get $50 off. What the great deal?!?! Done!! I've done a great job on decorating with hand me downs, and very little for the last 7 years, so this year I decided it was time to buy REAL stockings and some bulbs to make my tree a little shinier. It was so fun buying some new decorations and getting all ready for Christmas.
Our tree!!
How amazing is this nativity? My in-laws brought it back from South-Africa for us. I LOVE it! It is so cool. A couple of years ago they brought us a beautiful olive wood one from Israel and the year before or after that my mother in law a made amazing one out of clay. Needless to say, I have the coolest nativities around my house and I LOVE them!!
I got our little peg family their own Christmas tree.
I found this Yeti Santa with the ceramic trees. I kinda love this guy.
Some new holiday throw pillows. To quote my sister, "you robbed target" with the deal I got on these pillows. It was a good shopping day.
And two more santa's with their trees.
I love how festive my house feels this year. I love that it's filled with the magic of santa clause and the twinkling lights as well as with the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of the Savior and the difference his birth, life, and death made on man kind. I LOVE Christmas for so many reasons, but I love it most because it really helps remind me of what an amazing gift it is to have a Savior and to know him. I'm feeling especially blessed this holiday season and I know that those blessings come from a loving Heavenly Father.
Yay for exciting weeks!!!
This brings so much joy and love and peace to me! I LOVE it!!









Congrats Sydney! I can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteYay for a girl, and your house looks AMAZING!
ReplyDelete