Thursday, May 9, 2019

Easter

Easter was just two days after my grandpa's funeral. It was a little different for us because we still had some family in town which was fun!! The kids woke up first thing in the morning and found their baskets. I think Oliver was a little disappointed with the Easter bunny this year. He was being very practical and got all the kids new swim suits and goggles and some candy and Oliver also got skip-bo and Molly and Peter each got a hatchimal coll-eggtable. Oliver was hoping for something grand...one year the Easter Bunny made the mistake of brining a lego set for each of the boys....he set his standards a little too high. We got to dye eggs before church and used a fun marble method with oil which made the eggs turn out pretty cool. Then we headed to church. All of my siblings came to church with us which was fun. Afterwards we headed to my parents house for Easter egg hunts and dinner. It was a fun way to end a very emotionally exhausting weekend.

It took a lot of concentration :)

Tim and I actually had fun dying eggs too!

Baskets!!

Looking so dapper!! I think they are just the most handsome boys in the world!

My forever family. I really am quite obsessed with all of them. Even though they make me nuts more often than not.

Me and my little squish. I think we are each others biggest fans right now.

How could you not want to squeeze him?!?!

First Easter picture without grandpa. How great is the color coordination??? Totally not planned

The Grands!!

What it's really like....no seriously, look at Oliver!

My cousin Ryan and his wife Mel and their boys Hunter and Oakly and my Aunt Dru stayed for the day.

Whit and I showed up wearing matching shirts. Hahaha!! Love it when that happens!

The sibs!

These two sweet cousins!

Trying to get a picture of my kids is seriously so painful. One of them always looks like they are in legit pain.....it's usually Peter :)


Buddies!

Taking her sweet time hunting for eggs

Trading loot!



Peter was very organized about discovering what he got.

Oliver, who is typically very methodical, just dumped it all out.

And Molly was the easiest person to trade with!

This year my dad decided to do the money Easter egg hunt with the kids instead of the adults. They were in HEAVEN!! It was pretty cute watching them scuttle around looking for eggs and then see how excited they were when they opened them up.

I love Easter. It is such a wonderful time to reflect. This year was especially important because my grandpa just died and I really felt the comfort that the resurrection brings. I know that my grandpa's spirit will be reunited with his body again. And I also know that He is with my grandmother and their parents and that it is Jesus Christ who made that possible. I am so grateful for that knowledge and for the hope that Easter brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment