Friday, September 16, 2011

For the Love of Phoenix!!

Tim is doing a rotation in Phoenix in the Maricopa County Hospital Emergency Department and Oliver and I got to tag along!! It's actually been really nice. We've been staying at my parents house, and let me just say I am soooo excited to one day have a washer and dryer, dishwasher, and a nice padded carpet to lay my sweet baby on. (An on demand grandma/baby-sitter would be nice too!) We have had a wonderful time here. As hot as it is, I forget how much I enjoy Phoenix. Living in San Diego can really make living anywhere else seem like a drag :) Since we've been here we've gotten to spend time with family, swim, and my most favorite thing to do here, Hike!!! Not to mention the fact that I don't have an anxiety attack parking in any parking lot and Costco and Target (two of my favorite stores) are more spread out and less crowed.
Tim is almost half way through his rotation and I am anxious to see how he feels about it. Right now our top two residency programs are Maricopa and UCSD. I think I would be happy with either one. It's crazy that a year from now we could be at any of the 30 programs that Tim applied to.  The unknown is kind of fun and kind of nerve-racking. Well, here's to the unknown!

 Oliver's First time Swimming...... he' not quite sure how he feels about it

 I think he preferred that I hold him close to me and out of the water

At the top of Squaw Peak right before it started raining
At the bottom post hike. We both got pretty wet from the rain. There is nothing like a warm summer rainstorm. They are so fun!

I am looking forward to enjoying the rest of my time here, but also pretty excited at seeing all of our friends back in San Diego.

1 comment:

  1. I can not tell you how much joy it brings to my heart that you are blogging now! Especially since you'll be away for SO long :) Oliver already looks so grown up! Glad Phoenix is treating you guys well. Keep the pics comin!

    ReplyDelete