Sunday, December 14, 2014

Temple Lights

At the end of November my mom, Whitney, Claire and I sat down and had ourselves a little planning meeting for the moth of December. There are so many fun things to do during this month and if we don't get them on the calendar ahead of time, there is no way anything is going to happen. The first event was going to see all the beautiful lights at the temple. I love Christmas lights. They really are so beautiful, even as an adult. But, I remember how magical they were when I was a child. I was hoping that Oliver would experience that same magic this year, but unfortunately he was so distracted by his cousins that looking at the lights was not even kind of on his radar. It was kind of a bummer. In fact we decided that maybe seeing the temple lights should be an individual family tradition from now on. It's such a mixed blessings to have little cousins running around who love each other so much ;)

All these crazy boys NEEDED to be on shoulders to be kept from running amuck :)


We made an attempt to get a family picture in front of the temple.....and well.......see for yourself



No such luck!! Looking at these totally makes me laugh. Isn't it funny? If they would just smile and be still for one picture then we wouldn't make them absolutely nutty taking 10!


Earlier in the day Oliver helped me make cinnamon rolls. We used my mother-in-laws delicious bread recipe. She is such a great bread maker and is really good at letting the grandkids help her make them. 

Everyone came over to our house after seeing the lights for hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls. That was funnest part! As exhausting as it can be, it really is fun to get together with the whole family. 

I gave Oliver his own little dough to make his own little special bread. Grandma Maxine is really good at this. He LOVED it!



Look at those beauties!! They turned out really good! I think it's so fun to bake this time of year. I just wish I had more time to do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment