Monday, May 16, 2016

Peter and Molly

When we had Peter I wasn't quite sure how Oliver would respond to him. And then I wasn't at all surprised that Oliver just wasn't that interested in him. If we're being totally honest, babies really don't do much other than just eat, sleep and poop for the first few months anyway. I guess I kind of expected the same reaction from Peter towards Molly. Boy was I wrong.

Peter is obsessed with her! He wants to know where she is and what she's doing. If he's been out of the house without her and comes back, one of the first things he asks is "how's Molly". He asks, "can I pet her?" and always says, "she is so cute" or "she's the cutest". He's always asking to hold her and gets mad when I tell him no because she needs to eat or whatever is going on. It's kind of the sweetest thing.

Yay for bows!! (this one may be a smidge big for her current head size :)

Just chillin' in bed with his sis


Molly can make some legit crusty faces. But she is just so sweet!!

My world currently! This picture is hilarious. Molly looks like a little monkey, Peter is wearing his new ninja turtle shirt that our neighbor gave him (I usually attempt to avoid character shirts at all cost), and Oliver is being his typical goofy self as of late. I love them all and still find it extremely hard to believe that they are all mine.....weird!

Oliver is only mildly interested in the baby. He was happy to hold her so I could send a picture to his preschool class. Then he told everyone that she was born with "38 hairs". Love this kid!

Molly is 10 days old and every one seems to be doing really well. Tim having all last week off was a heaven send. I was able to really get some great naps in and really focus on nursing and holding the baby while he juggled the boys and meals. It was delightful! Molly is the sweetest baby EVER!!! She barely ever cries and when she does cry you know she's pretty upset. She is getting much better at nursing (it took my boys 4-6 weeks to get nursing down). She wakes up 1-2 times a night, eats and then happily goes back to sleep. I don't want to jinx it, but at the same time I feel like I was due for an "easy" baby. I'm just trying to enjoy it as much as possible because I know baby's can change in the blink of an eye. I'm crossing my fingers she stays this laid back.

Little pretend smile. I can not wait for her real smile!! Those little baby smiles make my heart happy!


All snuggled up. It's amazing how much better she sleeps when she's all wrapped up tight.

I got her dressed in a "cute" outfit for the first time and she was all sorts of cranky. But she looked cute :)


The classic hand by the face picture!


Wearing a bubble onsie. She will be living in these all summer and I LOVE them!


Tim mimicking her yawn. He was right on cue, but looks like he' throwing a fit.


Snuggling with my baby!! I love her little self!

Tim's goes back to work today. The interior of the new house was painted last week. The trees are being taken down today, and I have started looking at light fixtures and fans. Things are moving along. Busy, but exciting!! Only 4 more days of preschool (eek!) and then it's full on summertime and I need to come up with ways to keep my kids busy with Molly. It'll be an interesting and excited summer. As per usual, I am feeling super happy to be living so close to my parents and their pool and help. The weather is getting hot, the days are getting longer, the fruit is starting to get cheaper, and life is good!!

 Tim was like a giddy little boy watching this tree come down. He brought the boys over for the show. It's pretty amazing how skilled these men are and how they work the ropes.

Peter having a creamsicle on grandpas lap.

Grandma holding her favorite baby. This is the first time in years that she's only had one baby to hold. The last time she had a grand-baby there were two (6 weeks apart) and the time before that there were 3 (3 months apart). I have a feeling she and Molly are going to be buddies!! Love those two!! 

2 comments:

  1. You are moving?? Where to? I hope still in the ward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are moving!! Just three blocks away. We will still be in the ward :)

      Delete