Well, I did it to myself. It was totally innocent I swear and I did a really good job of not doing it before, but I let myself get distracted by my other pregnancy experiences and well it's killing me. I am STILL pregnant!! I thought I would for sure have the baby by now. With Oliver arriving at 37 weeks and Peter at 37 1/2 I thought there was no way I was going to be "surprised" by this one. I would be ready....two weeks later and well, I am over being "ready". Time to move on :)
To be honest, it hasn't been too bad. I haven't been to uncomfortable physically (such a blessing) and it's been nice to hang out with the boys, but I am so excited about meeting this little girl. SO EXCITED!! And I'm also excited to sleep on my back and to not bump into everyone and everything with my belly. But as the OB told me last week, all pregnancy's end, so that's something. There is something about not knowing when it's going to end that is exciting and nerve racking. Meanwhile I'm doing my best to just keep on with normal life.
I had my sweet grandpa and his wife feel the baby when she had the hiccups. She gets them at least once a day.
Tim carrying sweet Peter inside after church. He typically falls asleep on the way home.
I'm clearly the last one to have my baby. All of my friends who were pregnant have had theirs and so have the mother ducks who live on the canal.
We found a turtle at the park which the boys loved!!
They are sweet little park buddies!
Oliver bonked his ear and got a nasty bump on it. I've never seen an ear do that before. The swelling went down pretty quick, but it stay bruised for a few days.
Last week Oliver had Hawaii day at preschool and we offered to let them barrow our snow cone machine.
Tim set everything up and served the kids. He collected tickets from them in exchange for the shaved ice. They called him "Mr. T from Hawaii"
Oliver was pretty excited to have his dad at school with him!
That same day I took Peter to the Shake Shack with my parents and Whit and Rhett. Those burgers are DELICIOUS!! It was fun!
Oliver filled up another sticker chart and earned a lego mixel. He's really embraced the idea of not wearing a shirt around the house when he's hot. I think it makes him seem way too old. I love this sweet boy though. He is going to do such a great job being an older brother for the second time.
Tim has had a four day weekend. It's been AMAZING!! Seriously so great!! Friday we went to the train park. The weather was in the 70's and perfection. The boys each got a balloon which was a fun treat and made them both pretty happy. I rode the carrousel with Peter. Not only did he love it, but he kept saying, "I'm doing it mom". It was pretty cute!
Oliver got a blue balloon and apparently is practicing different smiles for pictures.
We also walked around the model trains which the boys loved. Peter was especially super excited to see different disney characters (nemo in particular) riding around on the trains.
After the train park we went to the Phoenix burrito house again. So good!!
Peter has started climbing up on Tim which I think is adorable.
The boys played at my moms house for a little this weekend and managed to wedge themselves in this little nook in one of her bathrooms.
I thought this was a pretty hilarious little ecard.
And this is totally how I feel with my pregnant self....I won't be summer ready until next winter...or maybe even next summer...or maybe never agin :)
Meanwhile my stomach is HUGE!!! But, I have been sleeping pretty well. I've been napping almost every day which has been amazing. Tim has been super helpful and taking really good care of me and the boys. I've been able to do a little exercise every day which has felt really good. I'm really looking forward to my appointment this week and I'm secretly hoping that they'll give me some good news. I'm also hoping that I won't have to be in the hospital on Mothers day. Maybe I'm hoping for too much. Regardless, things are good and happy and I'm excited for the next week to come and go!













No comments:
Post a Comment