My life has been so focused on sweet Molly (that's what happens when you have to nurse every 3-4 hours), but there's been lots going on with the boys too.
My brother Cody got tickets to the AZ Rattlers game (indoor football). Cody took Max and Tim took Oliver. They rode the light-rail downtown and stayed for about 1/3 of the game.
I'm pretty sure getting a foam finger was Oliver's favorite part!
I haven't gone back to church since having Molly. I haven't felt as stir crazy and really enjoyed time at home with her and the extra sleep. And of course keeping her away from lots of touches and extra germs. Tim's been doing an awesome job taking the boys. He snapped this sweet picture of Peter praying. This boy is pretty dang delicious and sweet.
Napping with two of my baby's. Peter is really trying his hardest to stop napping and I am trying equally as hard to convince him that it's still a good idea. Sometimes he's more inclined to nap if it's in my bed. I think it's pretty sweet so I oblige :)
Rhett came over last week and Tim watched the kids while I grabbed lunch with my mom and sister. (Which shout out to Tim! He is so good and always giving me a break so that I stay sane. It's really such a blessing for all of us). The boys discovered this great trick while I was out.
One of Tim's co-workers gave us a gift for Molly and decided to include a gift for each of the boys which was incredibly thoughtful. The boys were very happy about that. Peter got this Iron Man pillow and action figure...
and Oliver got a lego set!
Post bath and shower crazy hair!
Watching a show in the fort that Tim built.
Hanging with dad on the couch (watching something obviously....they were much too busy to look up for a picture).
Peter woke up at 4 the other morning and Tim was working so he crawled into bed with me and fell back asleep. I'm not much into co-sleeping, but the little snippets that I get to sleep with my baby's, like this, I love.
Another nap resist. He fell asleep on me at Whitney's house. Sweet boy!
Falling asleep on the family room carpet after throwing a fit (possibly about not napping).
He fell asleep before preschool drop off, so I had to transfer him to his carseat and he slept the entire way to preschool and back and transferred back to his bed. This is why I think he definitely still needs a nap every day.
Oliver had his last day of preschool! I don't think he really registers the finality of preschool being over. But he claims to be excited for Kindergarten so that's good. These are two of the aids at his school, Debi and Rhonda. I love them both! They are so sweet and good to my little boy. And Debi made the cutest little scrap book of Oliver's time at preschool. Tim and I both teared up and I had to get back out of the car to give Debi a hug. It was such a bittersweet day. I think I am going to miss preschool more than Oliver actually! Hopefully Peter will be heading there in a year.
Oliver has been asking to go to five and diner for a long time now. We took him there after his last day of preschool for milkshakes. He was pretty happy about it.
So Oliver can be very task oriented. He LOVES to help with jobs. No matter who or what. Its such a great quality about him. He's been helping unload the dishwasher these days and this is a "robot" that he mad with all the plastic dishes. I love the way his little brain works. It reminded me of Mary Poppins when she says "In every task there must be done, there is an element of fun". I hope he always enjoys working!
Meanwhile Peter never stops entertaining me. This is his helmet and shield (the bristle blocks container).
And he's also gotten pretty excited about his cowboy boots. He almost always has them on the wrong feet and he usually has at least one of Oliver's boots on.
Yesterday morning I got up early (that's why I look so tired) and made cinnamon rolls for Tim's co-workers. He had co-workers on back-up for him for three weeks while we waited for Molly to come (we weren't quite sure when she'd get here based on when the boys came). And three co-workers covered three shifts when she actually did come. Its really hard to fully express how much we appreciated there love and support, we decided cinnamon rolls would have to do.
My little cinnamon roll army!















No comments:
Post a Comment