15 years ago in June I hopped on a plane all by myself and headed to Hawaii to live there for the summer. When I landed, my phone didn't work and I had no idea where to meet my "ride" (the campus shuttle). I was nervous and a little sick to my stomach. I finally did find the shuttle and after circling the airport a couple of times in the shuttle, two girls from Gilbert, AZ got on. Come to find out the two of them (plus one more who wasn't there) not only were they going to be my neighbors, but life long friends. Claire married my brother, Mel lives in CA and I usually get to see her once a year and Rachael (hey Rach, I know you're reading this, and I still don't think I know how to spell your name ;) It really was a life changing summer and the best adventure and vacation ever!!
Rach was in town a couple of weeks ago and I got to go out to dinner with her and Claire and one of their high school friends Mindi (who I've become friends with through association). Whenever I get the opportunity to spend time with them we pick up right where we left off. It feels so natural and right. 15 years later and I am still feeling beyond grateful for their amazing friendship!
Mel, Claire, Rachael, Me
Hanging out in my apartment always sunkissed.
So grateful to have such beautiful and inspiring women in my life!


No comments:
Post a Comment