Sunday, March 1, 2020

Where to begin....


I've missed this space where I keep track of my life and share my feels and pictures and gosh darn it, I'm back!! How many months has it been?? Too many to try and catch up. So let's just start with February shall we? 

February was a fabulous whirlwind and we are ending on the highest not possible. Tim was home for dinner and bedtime EVERY night this week and he had three whole days off and they were spread out evenly and I feel like a new woman! I was starting to go a little loony there for a minute and after a few days of normalcy I feel so good! Tim's schedule has been pretty nutty lately. He's been traveling a few days a month to work out of town and he's been working a lot of hours in town and often at inconvenient times. It makes me appreciate the convenient times so much more. 

February started out on the highest note possible. I went to Palm Springs and met up with three of my favorite most dear friends ever. They are friends from when we lived in San Diego. It feels like just yesterday but I am realizing that it was almost 8 years ago that we moved. Being with them filled my cup to overflowing and then some. There is something about being with other women who hear you, acknowledge you, relate to you, validate you, laugh and cry with you and all with pure love and no judgement. It was pure magic....and I am not overselling it either. These women were my family while Tim is in medical school and we fell right back into place after having been a part for almost a decade. We stayed in the Palm Desert in California. We ate delicious food, had a wonderful spa day and talked until I came home with a horse voice. It was amazing! I will forever be grateful for these wonderful inspiring women and for a husband who encourages me to take the time for myself and be with them. 
Krys and I were the first to arrive and we grabbed dinner and shakes before picking the other girls up from the airport at midnight. 

Breakfast at the crepe store and then out to the pool.

Dinner at the local resort.

Lunch out by the pool. Not enough pictures, a good indication it was too fun to stop to document.

Tim held down the fort at home. My kids adore him and they loved having a weekend with just dad. 

Molly fell asleep on Tim's laugh....so sweet!

The three older kids went in together on a rock tumbler and after four weeks of tumbling this is the beautiful result.

Tim works really hard to keep our yard looking so luscious! Doesn't it look so lovely?!?!

Back from California I fell right back into my role with the kids, but I had some pep in my step and my cup was so full!

This kid! He has the best cheesy squinty eyed grin and he gets food all over his face!


Pete left this sweet not for Tim to find before work one morning. "dad have a good day at work the people need you." He's the sweetest boy!

Oliver and Peter caught geckos in the backyard.

Jack eating a mini ice cream.

Tim took Molly on a date and they went to Zoyo. 

Trying out Pie Snob, a new pie shop by our house.

Jack falls a lot! He fell on top of a lid of something and scraped his face up pretty good.

Yee-haw!! He feels so big rocking on this horse.

He is so pleased when he discovered new tricks and I think it's pretty cute!

Ready to tickle the ivory's.

What my life looks like 99% of the time right now. He gets into EVERYTHING!

We went out to dinner with Joan to celebrate my grandpa on what would have been his 87th birthday. 

Working on Valentines before bed.

Valentines party with friends.

She loves to strike a pose! 

An afternoon at the park and this kids faces...haha!!

And her faces can be just as entertaining.

These two have a great time playing together most of the time. I'm glad they have each other. 

Peter really needs a haircut but refuses. I was showing him how silly his hair was looking and that was not inspiring to him at all. 

Molly's been really having a hard time at night. She does not want to fall asleep alone and wakes ups EVERY SINGLE NIGHT and either climbs into our bed or sleeps on our floor. This night Tim was out of town and Peter was having a hard time falling asleep and so I stuck them in bed together and they fell asleep just like this. It was pretty sweet. 

The other morning Molly had preschool and Tim was working a later shift so we took advantage and went on a hike together with Jack loaded up on Tim's back. It was great!

Molly had a lunch playdate with all these cute girls and they watched Frozen II. 

Jack can climb up onto this seat and then he stands there and squeals until someone comes and gets him down. It's quite perplexing. 

Peter made this at school and my heart almost burst when I saw it.

He also made this adorable old man.

Look at all these cute old people. I love them!!

Molly can write her name. It's backward half the time but I'm super impressed with her. 

Peter made this Valentines Day box without ANY help from me. I was so proud of him!

Valentines dinner. This is the second year in a row we've gotten Chinese take out and sushi. It's a fun tradition.

Molly got a butterfly purse for Valentines day.

We had dinner at our friends the Tejadas, with Whit and Christ and their family. It was a fun night. My kids loved playing with their kids.

When Molly falls asleep alone on my bed she hides under the covers because she's scared. It's sad  but so cute.

My tiny little dance standing in first position.

Oliver's most recent art

Peter likes to hang under Oliver's desk.

And Molly always wants to hang in the boys room.

Working on his latest piece of art. 

Messy little guy!! He had a fudge-sickle. If you think his face looks dirty, you should have seen how gross the water was. 

Jack helped me pick up some new plants for the backyard. 

Tim's brothers Mike and Dan came to visit for a weekend.

Tim took them to do lots of fun things including hiking Camelback and also Squaw Peak. 

They all went and got massages and Tim is a fan.

And they ate lots of good food!

Another testament that Peter needs a haircut. 

On a walk with Dad to the park.

This girls is full of theatrics and dramatics and It's super funny. 

Trying on Molly's robe.

I went to pick up my friend Megan for dinner and we were totally wearing leopard spots. What are the chances??

We bought FrozenII and watched it last weekend. Such a good movie!

Tickling this boys is so fun to do. His laugh is so great!!

These two wrestle a lot. Jack is pretty patient with Molly. (We all are right now)

Walking to get the boys from the bus stop.

Peter's most recent drawing.

Molly's art from school

Playing in the closet.

All tuckered out after a walk with dad. 

Love these sweet kids and the exhaustion of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment