I know that over the past 6 years there have been periods of time where I have felt like all we have done is just work and gone to school. But I was looking through some old pictures and really thinking about it and I am so blown away at how much we have accomplished and how much we have been blessed and how much we have grown since we've been married. There are two things I have learned for sure, one, life doesn't just happen, you make it happen, and two, hard work always pays off.
Here are a few things that we have done over the last 6 years:
- After living in Phoenix for 8 months where we knew lots of people, we moved to San Diego where we knew no one. We fell head over heels for the city and the dear friends that we made there. This experience helped shape our marriage.
- We've lived in four different apartments (not including with my parents for 8 months) and two different states
- We traveled up the coast of California, to the Caribbean, Hawaii, Switzerland, and made multiple trips to Southern Utah, Las Vegas, California and Arizona (depending on where we were living)
- Tim's been to Pittsburgh, Boston, and Atlanta
- I went on a very memorable trip to New York City with my sister
- I worked as an administrative assistant and supported the two of us (something I never thought I'd be able to do) while Tim was in school.
- Tim received his MD and is halfway done with his residency program
- We have had two healthy beautiful boys
- We have had good times and bad times and we've argued and made up. We love each other more now than we could have imagined 6 years ago.
- We are looking forward to so many more hard and wonderful years to come.






Loved this! I'm so happy we are part of your story. :)
ReplyDelete