Thursday, January 2, 2014

So Long 2013

A lot happened in the last year. It's amazing how a year can go by so fast and yet contain so much. It was fun to look through pictures and see everything that our family did and accomplished (and endured) the last 12 months. Here's a summary in pictures.

We celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary and we got bikes to celebrate

Oliver began attending nursery class at church

We moved into our own house
And made sure it was in close proximity to my parents ;)

I had fun decorating and getting it all set up

We celebrated my grandfather's 80th Birthday

And we found out we were pregnant 
with another boy

We went on a family trip to San Diego
And wondered why in the world we ever moved away

Tim went to Atlanta, GA for a week long work conference

I went to San Diego (alone) to surprise my friend for her 30th Birthday (I sure do love surprises)

Some girlfriends and I started a small play school for our boys (best idea ever)

I drove Oliver and myself to Southern Utah to visit Tim's parents for a few days
Oliver built a Bird House while we were there

I hosted a small 10 yr HS reunion get together

Tim's parents opened their mission call to South Africa with all 8 of their children watching over the internet

We made a couple of trips to Oak Creek

Tim finished his first year of residency

And completed half of his second year, surviving two of the hardest months in the entire 3 year program

Oliver and I went back to Southern, UT, this time with Tim and this time Oliver helped build a toy box

Oliver turned two, increased his vocabulary and comprehension to a very entertaining level and ran away with our hearts, further than we ever though possible. He's made life so much more fun!!

We went to San Diego for the annual Riding family week at the beach.This was the first year Tim got to go and stay the entire time. It was amazing!

Tim turned 30!!!

I managed to survive another pregnancy, only this one was during the 100 plus degree temperatures with a toddler. I also miraculously managed to give birth naturally (not on purpose) to a healthy beautiful baby boy.

Our family grew from three to four,  Oliver became an older brother, and mine and Tim's hearts doubled in size with love for another little boy.

Oliver was the cutest little Daniel Tiger for Halloween and loved it

Little Peter was blessed by his dad and started causing all sorts of sleep depriving shenanigans. 

But we can not get enough of his innocence and goodness. And his cute face!

2013 really was good to our family. We worked hard, had a lot of fun and were extremely blessed. We are looking forward to an new year full of adventure and hard work and hopefully a little more sleep!

Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You guys are amazing! I can't believe you crammed all that into one year! How fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post. It's great to look back and see how much happens in a year.

    ReplyDelete