Monday, January 27, 2014

Dates

Well, it turns out that I spoke too soon in my last post. Peter has pretty much regressed since last Sunday......it's kind of a bummer. But, we're working through it. Friday Tim got off work at 10am (he had a 26 hour shift at the hospital, and was able to sleep most of the night) so I had "back up" most of the day. He let me take a nap and I was out cold for 1 1/2 hours. It was AMAZING!! I don't think I have a real appreciation for just how tired I really am. That nap was a breath of fresh air.

Friday night Tim and I went on a date. Without children. It was awesome! We tried out a new restaurant call Taco Guild and it was delicious. The restaurant used to be an old Korean church and the building is pretty awesome. Granted it was pretty dark (and so are my pictures) but you can get a pretty decent idea of how cool the building is. My only complaint is that the music was up way too loud. Call me an old lady, but I could barely hear Tim. I don't understand why restaurants do that?!?!? Even still, it was a great night.
How awesome is this light fixture and the wood ceilings?!?!

There are some really cool paintings inside.

Selfies

 The outside. Can you see the stained glass?

Saturday afternoon I left Peter with Tim and took Oliver on a Milkshake date. It was so fun!! We went to The Habit (their shakes are awesome!). He was really excited about the giant ceiling fan they have in there, and the buzzer he got to hold, and the strawberry shake that he ordered. He was so excited that he was happy to talk to pretty much anyone that would listen (people gravitate towards this kid anyway, so I get to have lots of awkward interactions with strangers.....some who make me a little uncomfortable, like the lady with no teeth who offer to trade her teenagers for Oliver.....no thanks!). Oliver confidently ordered a strawberry shake and I ordered chloclate (that's how Oliver says chocolate). As soon as Oliver saw that his shake was pink and mine was brown he suggested we trade. We had fun sipping on our shakes and dancing to the not too loud music playing in the restaurant. It was nice to have some quality one on one time with the little man. He's so cute and SO SMART!! And those shakes, well you'll have to find out for yourself! We may have to make a habit (get it?) out of this little date!!
Boy needs a hair cut, but he's still pretty adorable

Pucker up

Delicious!!


2 comments:

  1. Pretty jealous of all your hip places to eat! You and Oliver are adorable with your mommie and son date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous, with or without sleep!

    ReplyDelete