The Saturday before Mother's Day I had the stomach flu. This was a real bummer in and of itself, but my sweet niece Elle was being baptized this day and I had to miss it. I was pretty sad about that. Fortunately I was feeling better by Sunday and had a very nice Mother's Day with my boys and Tim and my own mother. I know there are a lot of people who despise Mother's Day, but I think it is a super duper important holiday. I have a very strong conviction that Mother's should be recognized as well as woman everywhere in the raising of children. It is a hard never ending job, but it is so important. And I am a firm believer that it takes a village and we are all and should all be active participants.
And then the Wednesday after Mother's Day something pretty great happened. One of our closest couple friends from San Diego came and stayed for a couple of days. To say that I was excited would be an understatement. Brett and Krystle were two of our closest dearest friends in San Diego. At one point we had a standing Friday night date with them. I mean, Krystle and I are like kindred sprits. We talk, text and face-time on a regular basis and I consider myself so blessed to have met a friend as loyal and great as her. And our husbands like each other too so we kind of scored. (Tim and I scored big time in the friend department in general in San Diego. We definitely made friends that we will keep in touch with for the rest of our lives. We truly were so blessed to have such an amazing support system while we were there). The Montgomery's moved to North Carolina last August and we haven't seen them for a year. It was so fun to spend time with them and stay up 'till midnight talking and catching up just like we used to. We took them to Postino's and Snooze, two of our favorite restaurants. And had fun catching up with their sweet little boy Pierce who has gotten so big since we last saw him. The Montgomery's are living in California for the summer and I have plans to go over there at least once to see them and I'm crossing my fingers they'll come back one last time.
Also please note that Peter's hair has a slight red that he is maintaining and I am still REALLY hoping that he keeps it! He is also pretty dang delicious!
Peter with a picture of his great, great, great grandfather John Peter. Look at that stach!
Peter with Aunt Joanne. Her grandkids call her Dearie, how cute is that??
Oliver and I went on a date night to Chick Fil'A and he got to make all this fun knight hoopla. It was pretty fantastic! How perfect does he look on his steed?
Oliver and I did marbles the other morning during Peter's nap. It was so great to have some quality one on one with him.
Peter LOVES Oliver. He watches him like a hawk and I know that he wants nothing more than to get up and play with him. Oliver on the other hand is not quite there yet.
Oliver did oblige to hold Peter the other day (please note that Peter is obsessed with sucking on the middle and ring fingers of his right hand).
Then Peter gave Oliver a little too much love (while still sucking on his fingers)
I held off on intervening
I just thought it was so funny
Oliver did not
Oliver came in wearing Tim's glasses the other day laughing. He knows he's funny!!
Oliver slept at Grandma's house the other night. He fell asleep in her big bed for the first time, without getting out. This is a right of passage for the grandkids, so it's kinda a big deal.
Oliver also asked to wear my boots.....watching him walk in them was super entertaining.
This is what happened when he asked to play outside
We still visit my parents house often (usually once a day). And a quick story from Grandpa is a big treat!!
A little fort building with grandpa
Cousins!! I know I've said it before and I'll say it again, living close to family was a really great decision!!
And I think we'll need to be keeping the bed rail up for a while longer.....




















I haven't visited the blog world in so long and I'm so glad I did today! You guys are so stinkin cute and I miss you all! Darling boys you have.. I'm so sad they don't know me. Glad you guys are doing well!
ReplyDelete