Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Six Months Makes Me Happy

Peter will be seven months old next week!! How is that even possible? He is closer to being one year old than he is to being that brand new little newborn. And well, Peter sure has come a long way. I love this baby!! I just want so kiss his face off he's so cute and squishy. The boy sure knows how to melt my heart with his smile and laugh and he looks at me like I'm the most important person in the world. And well, that is a good feeling. This month Peter has reached the milestones that make having a baby just a little easier. Such as sitting up.....almost on his own. He falls over still but at least he's landing on soft carpet. I remember when Oliver was learning how to sit up and would fall over and he'd bonk his head on our super hard carpet and cry and I felt like such a bad mom and I swear he'd bonk his head on that hard floor no matter how many soft blankets I'd put around him, it was not a good thing......anyway. Today Peter sat in the grocery cart for the first time. This is HUGE!! I know longer have to strap him to me which can get really tricky when shopping (especially at Costco, trying to lift things, diapers and such) and his huge carseat won't be taking up the entire basket when I'm too tired to strap him to me. I'm pretty excited about this development. Also in the works, the boy is on the move. This is a bitter-sweet moment. It means we have to be extra careful about where we leave him and his surroundings, but it also means that he can hopefully keep himself better entertained. I think he gets bored "just laying" which results in me holding him most of the time. Peter has such determination and seems to be very motivated by Oliver. The way he watches his older brother makes me feel like Peter wants nothing more than to get up and run around with him and play. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part, but I have high hopes that these two boys are going to be best buds. Peter has also started eating solids. He was not at all interested in the rice cereal and I felt like a mean mother giving it to him and watching him gagging every time he tried to swallow it. But, we did give him sweet potatoes and he was all over that. Solids are kind of a mess, but it's a fun mess. I'm just kind of loving my sweet little 6 month old, I feel like we've arrived.....where I don't know, but it feels like a good place.

Look at that big boy in the shopping cart (it's a good thing there are straps). And I kinda love that he's wearing an I heart NY t-shirt. And I kinda love his dimples (thank you Grandma Maxine!!)

If that doesn't make you happy, I don't know what does. This kids smiles and laughs with his eyes!!

Sweet potato satisfaction!

And a little finger sucking for dessert. I like to pretend that he's telling me "I love you" in sign language. But seriously, how cute is it that he sucks on those two fingers? It's his little trademark.

I busted out the fedora. I bought it when we had Oliver and I think Oliver wore it twice.

It's pretty unrealistic, but it's so CUTE!!

I mean, really? Doesn't he just look so dapper?

I'm not the only one who wants to squeeze this little guy. Tim's pretty obsessed too.

I'm just the luckiest. And what they lack in good behavior they make up for in over the top good looks! I'm over the moon for these three!


No comments:

Post a Comment