Blogging has taken a backseat to the monkeys I have crawling all over me every day. But it's kinda weird how I miss it. I miss documenting what is going on in my life and the opinions that go along with it. With that said......
This Fourth of July was the best to date. At least in my adult years. We spent it at the cabin. It was SO FUN! The addition that was added on 3 years ago making sleeping 6 kids, 2 babies, and 9 adults doable. It also meant we could put the kids to bed early upstairs and play games with the adults. And let me tell you, my family is FUNNY! I laughed so hard every night. Some of the highlights of the weekend included the annual water games and water balloon fight, the giant slip 'n slide, the kids actually getting to play outside because the sun wouldn't singe their skin off and they wouldn't die of heat stroke, delicious food and snacks, some fun thunder storms (the thunder echos through the canyon and it is out of this world), and Tim got to be there the ENTIRE TIME (this doesn't happen very often). It was a good week. I went ahead and made a video of all our good times. I'm totally convinced that these little imovies are best way to keep track of fun events and the family (especially the kids) love to watch them. This movie is set to some sentimental "cabin music" so be prepared for random tunes.
Fourth of July Video from Sydney Davie on Vimeo.
There was a fire at the end of May up by the cabin. It's pretty much a miracle that it wasn't burned down. As a result the forrest services are super worried about mud slides and flash floods this monsoon season. They were working in the parking lot across the creek the entire weekend sandbagging. We got a couple of pretty crazy down pours. Emergency sirens went off at one point. A car got trapped in a mudslide up the canyon. And then the level of the creek rose considerably and the water went from clear to mud in no time. It was quite the adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment