Saturday, July 26, 2014

Oliver Turns 3

It's weird that 3 years ago Oliver was just a teeny tiny little baby. I feel like for so long he has been this little buddy of mine that I've been totting around with me where ever I go. And his actions and words have not matched up to his age for quite some time now. So, while I know that on paper Oliver just turned 3....in reality it feels like he's much older. I'm glad that he's not. While I was browsing photos for this post I was reminded of what a funny kid Oliver is. He cracks me up!! Seriously! He says and does some of the most random things. I also am always so surprised to see in pictures how much he's grown up. I swear when he turned 2 I thought he was so old and that it was impossible for him to look any older and then when I look at the pictures they prove that the my sweet little boy has gotten taller, slimmer, and now the padding that has been there to protect his bottom his entire life is now gone and the only thing between him and a major accident is underwear (he's been doing a pretty good job with potty training.....that's what happens when you wait 'till 3).

Words can't describe how much love I have for this little boy of mine and I hate to admit that words also can't describe how frustrated he makes me at times. One thing I will admit though is that frustration is often a result of the love that I have for him and that I want whats best for him which he often does not agree with. Oliver is so intelligent. His mind is always going. He has the most amazing memory especially when it comes to experiences that he has had. He will often recall people and places randomly. Oliver is friendly. He can be shy at times, but mostly he likes to chat. Strangers will sometimes get more than they bargain for when they say hi to him or ask him a question in a store. Oliver loves his dad! He loves his grandpa and his cousins (and of course all his other family members). He loves to play make believe and his imagination is out of the world! He loves transformers but is sure to still make time for his tools. He likes to "do art" and play with play doh.

Oliver makes me happy and I love that I get to be his mom. I am so excited to watch him grow another year and see all that he does and learns.

July 2013

August 2013

September 2013

October 2013

November 2013

December 2013

January 2014

February 2014

March 2014

April 2014

May 2014

June 2014

July 2014

 And I know I'm biased, but he is one cute kid!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment