Sunday, September 7, 2014

Oh Brother

Now that Peter is pretty mobile (he is a super fast little crawler and he pulls to stand on any and everything) and pretty aware, the brother interactions are becoming more "intense". For the first few months Peter was here Oliver just kind of ignored him. Ollie is pretty independent and wasn't really bothered by him. Now that Peter LOVES to be in Oliver's room playing with his toys, Oliver has a totally different opinion and it's usually not very accepting. We are working on it though. There are moments where the interaction between the two of them is sweet and priceless. It's fun to watch them "get to know" each other and I have high hopes that they will one day become the best of friends. Meanwhile Oliver bit Peter SUPER hard yesterday and is starting to behave like maybe he doesn't want to share his parents attention. Lets hope that phase blows over quick.
I actually kind of love that they can take baths together now. There's something about joint bathing that kinda seems like a sibling right of passage when you're young.

And there really isn't anything better than clean baby and toddler. (When is Oliver no longer a toddler? It's weird to think that he'll be just a "kid")

He doesn't mean to, but Peter just kind of messes everything up. Including show watching on the ipad.

Taking these two to Costco is actually pretty fun (when they are both in decent moods) They both love the samples and they are pretty cute in the cart together. There is something about having them sit together like this that just makes my heart super full.

Look at those faces!

It just looks like they have best friend potential, right?

We got pizza at Costco and Oliver insisted on sitting on my lap and of course I had to hold Peter. So I felt like a jungle gym while attempting to feed myself. It was pretty entertaining, but there was something about the whole experience that made me feel fun and useful. Two very good feelings.

Look at that sweet tired face

Peter's hair is OUT OF CONTROL!! And yet I have no intention of cutting it....it's just so funny! 

I got together with friends a couple of weeks ago and the babies had a pretty good time. 

Isn't it crazy that there are so many babies so close in age? And aren't they so cute?

I taught my last swim lesson of the summer last week and the kids wanted a picture with me. It was a great swim season. I really love teaching swim lessons and I think it would super fun to coach high school swim one day.

Oliver decided to put flip flops on over his socks the other day. Not the best look. I asked him where he learned to do that and do you know what he said? Grandpa does it. Totally true. My dad will sometimes slip flip flops (he still calls them thongs) over his socks to do something outside really quick. Oliver just noticed that on his own. Thanks for the fashion examples dad.

So this little guy is kind of my squishy little bestie. I love both of my boys so much, but Peter is just at the cutest little age and his personality kills me. Love this little friend. Crazy hair and all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment