Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Most Wonderful Week of the Year!!

So last week we went to San Diego for our annual Riding family beach house trip. It is always such a fun trip and always stirs up so much emotions for me. I am finally coming to terms with that fact that we will probably never live in San Diego again, but that city will forever hold a piece of my heart. I made some of my most favorite memories and friends and had some of my most favorite experiences there. I think the city plus the period of time in my life was a perfect combination. ANYWAY, we had a fabulous trip. It was the hottest week of the entire summer over there which was a bummer. 'Cause not only does the beach house not have AC (which when it's 90 degrees AC is kinda needed) but they don't believe in ceiling fans over there (I still haven't figured this one out). So it was pretty hot and sticky, but we still had a crazy good time. Crazy because 8 kids 8 and under with three 3 year olds and two crawlers all living under the same roof gets a little out of control, and my family kinda all likes control so......yeah......

Be prepared for photo overload (I'd rather look at pictures than read anyway)!

Me and Whitney decided to take advantage of being in CA and left Phoenix a day early so we could take our kids to Lego land. It was a pretty good experience. We are Disneyland people and well the two theme parks should not be compared. Lego land is definitely for the kids and I'm pretty sure Disneyland is all about me ;) We had a good time though and I think Oliver enjoyed it.


Meeting Wild Style

Waiting for the first ride of the day



Crawling up the coaster

And rolling down the coster


Lunch was actually pretty good

Nothing like squishing into a little airplane. But how cute is my boy?

The kids thought this ride was pretty funny. There was lots of laughter. I'm not quite sure if Oliver really liked it, but we stayed on it for a round two because no one was in line behind us.

We stayed in a hotel that first night and had pizza and Whitney and I devoured a Haagen Daz Banana Split Ice cream (yes I may have been nursing Peter and eating ice cream).

Then we got to the beach and did cartwheels because we were so excited!

And we took lots of pictures
This one was the best. How cute are Peter and Piper standing up in the mix??

My little cuddle bug

Holding babies, it's just what we do (all the time)!

Peter was in HEAVEN!! The poor boys hasn't spent much time crawling around outside because Phoenix is just too hot for that! And the sand didn't bother him one bit.

He also thought the seaweed was pretty great!

Sunday we went to our old ward which has completely changed and then we walked around the temple grounds after. The San Diego temple is simple perfect.

I sure do love these people. 



Two of my good friends Maren and Amanda joined us at the beach with their kids. It's so fun to spend time with such good friends who I miss so much.


Snotty sandy nose? No big!

Beach Babies!



My dad's pretty cool

Sibling boogie board action. BTW I LOVE the ocean!! I love surfing, swimming, boogie boarding. I love the sand and the sound. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. And well, I used to not feel as strongly, but this trip I realized just how happy it makes me.

Lunch at Phil's a San Diego must eat

Pedis and ice cream with the ladies. The poor men braved the 6 boys and Piper and they all lived to tell the tale.

We went to Old Town and took the Mormon Battalion Tour. It was pretty cute to se Oliver in that little coon skin hat!

Panning for gold.

Grandpa is always a good time and is always good to hold a kid or two while parents rustle with other kids or make dinner.

And the kids love him!

We got together with two of my old co-workers Amanda and Kristen. It was so fun to catch up with them.

After trips like this I am left feeling so grateful that I like my family as much as I do. We have our fair share of drama, but we all sincerely like each other. My family are my favorite people. 

These guys are my favorites too! Especially Tim who works so incredibly hard!

I just can't not be obsessed with this picture. He was a rough little new born but he sure is one happy little guy. And can you believe he is going to be One in less that a month???

This one's pretty great too!! I have high hopes he'll be even greater once he gets the "threes" out of his system

We brought our bikes which is always so fun to cruise the boardwalk.

I mean c'mon!

We decided we shouldn't call them the naughties because they are starting to be proud of it. We've moved onto the three musketeers util something better pops up (any suggestions Mike?).

Roasting dogs and mallows is a delicious mess

And these 6 kids fight like siblings and love like siblings. It is the best and the worst. I love them all!

Such a fun week. Until next year! Only 355 days until next year :)



1 comment:

  1. This trip looks like it was SO fun! Glad you guys got a little vacation together.

    ReplyDelete