Thursday, August 20, 2015

Turning 30: Part One, How we Celebrated

Guys, I'm THIRTY!!! Weird!! SO weird! How in the world did I get to such a legit age?? More of the emotional response in another post. What's more important to discuss is how we celebrated. And boy did we celebrate!!

I must say that I have always liked Birthdays. I just think they are pretty great! It's so fun to celebrate other people on their Birthday and make them feel extra special and it feels so great to be celebrated on my Birthday. And even if my Instagram post reminds half my friends to text me, they still text me and that makes me feel loved. And well, who doesn't love to feel loved.

On Sunday (the eve of my Birthday), we had a family dinner at my brother and sis-in-law's house. All my family came and it was fun!! I got sweet cards and had a delicious dinner. Tim made me a fancy cake from scratch and my mom brought sundae's stuff cause ice cream is my FAVORITE FOOD EVER!! It was a fun evening.

Tim and his delicious Boston Cream Pie!

The whole fam!

The kids table


We also put Peter through this:

IMG 5025 from Sydney Davie on Vimeo.

It obviously made us laugh really hard and he had no idea what we were laughing at and at the end gave Whitney a look like "really? you people are ridiculous!" I love it!!

My friend and hiking buddy Megan made me this awesome banner for my Birthday. I love it! And I'm so happy to have a reusable Birthday banner!

Sunday night my best friend Krystle flew in. Because Monday we had tickets to go see Taylor Swift!! I kind of planned ahead for my Birthday this year and bought myself some Taylor Swift tickets in November. And let me tell you, those tickets were worth EVERY PENNY!! I am still on a Taylor Swift high.

Monday, the day of my Birthday, I went to lunch with my mom, Whitney, Claire, and Krystle, while Tim stayed home with the boys. It was great! We had CPK and enjoyed laughing and chatting.


Then Monday evening Krystle and I headed out to Gila River Arena in Glendale. We got ourselves some pretzel bites and matching Taylor Swift T-shirts. Changed into said T-shirts, and screamed like all the little Tweens that were there with their moms. Taylor puts on a good show! We laughed, we sang, and danced and we cried. We cried mostly because she sang this song (be warned, you will cry if you watch this video). And since both of us have boys that age it hit hard. It was just an amazing show and if she continues to produce such amazing music, I have vowed to attend the rest of her concerts for the rest of her career, because guys, it was that good!! Oh and one thing that was pretty fantastic is that there was a wrist band taped to every chair in the audience so everyone got one. And the wrist band had a chip in it that would light up different colors and flash to the music. That was so cool!! It was just a great performance and now I kind of feel like I am friends with Taylor Swift. Krystle pointed out that she made us feel like one of her girlfriends. It was just the perfect way to celebrate 30.

We walked by the tour trucks on our way into the arena. Her stage set up was pretty impressive. 

Vance Joy opened for the concert and he did a great job! 

After Vance Joy we waited another 30 minutes in anticipation. We were pretty giddy!

And then Taylor came out and it was better than I expected. See all those little lights in the audience? Wrist bands. I just love her!


Her stage was pretty amazing! 


Krystle stayed in town until Wednesday and we had a great time catching up (she's been living in North Carolina while her husband was in grad school and they just moved back to California). We ate lots of delicious food and had great conversations. She is such a kindred spirit. I feel so grateful for good loyal friends. I struggled to find good consistent friends for so long and I just feel like that is one thing that my 20's gave to me was amazing friendships that will last the rest of my life. Such a blessing.

Krystle brought her little baby Clark who is 6 months old and such a chill little baby. It was so fun to meet him and Peter absolutely LOVED him. That boys needs a baby sister (or brother I guess ;)

Yay for 30!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment