- I graduated from college
- Met Tim and married him
- Moved to a state where Tim was the only person I met and totally started from scratch
- Found a job that totally supported Tim and me while we were in San Diego (before I quit to have baby's)
- Worked at said job longer than I'd worked at any other job before
- Became a mom. This was for sure the biggest game changer EVER!! I think that becoming a mom will probably be the biggest thing that I have ever done ever. It is the hardest and best thing I have ever done and it will never end....weird.
- Moved back to the Phoenix after vowing that I would never.
- Became a mom again....without an epidurel. Something I NEVER thought I would do (the no epidural part, not the 2nd baby part).
- Watched and cheered on Tim as he graduated from Medical School and Residency.
- I've made the bestest friends ever in my 20's. I rode an interesting friend roller coaster growing up. All I wanted was loyalty and consistency and I struggled finding that especially during my teens. But boy, did my 20's deliver. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world with the friends that I have.
It's been a busy 10 years!! It's been rough, fun, happy, sad, insightful, and fulfilling. I am so grateful for the road I have been blessed to travel on and all of the experiences good and bad along the way.
20 - living the single life with my roommates at BYU
21 - Tim and I started dating a couple weeks after my Birthday.
22 - We got engaged a month before my Birthday and got married 5 months later
23 - We moved to San Diego 2 days before my Birthday.
24 - Tim threw me a freaking awesome surprise party with like 30 people in our 700 sq ft apartment.
25 - My family came to the beach house a couple of weeks after my Birthday.
26 - 4 weeks after Oliver was born my sweet friends surprised me with a girls night out.
27 - Making new friends in Phoenix who were so sweet from the get go. I miss that little baby Oliver
28 - 7 1/2 months pregnant with Peter
29 - The BEST Suprise Birthday party EVER!!!
I've also tried to project what I want my 30's to look like, and I have a really good feeling about this decade. This will be the decade of buying a house (hopefully) and fulfilling some financial goals that Tim and I have put off to get through school. This will be the decade of completing our family and watching them grow and experience new and exciting things including school. Of course I also have big selfish dreams like this will be the decade that I will finally stop having zits, I get in the best shape of my life and I finally find a hair cut that makes me happy and flatters my face. No matter, I have such hope and excitement for the future. I know it won't be a walk in the park all the time (that's impossible when you are trying to raise kids), but it will be a good one.
Cheers to being 30!!





I loved this post! How fun to see your whole 20's in a row.
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! 20s were awesome for sure and I love your optimism for the 30s!!!
ReplyDelete