Monday, January 18, 2016

Things that make me happy!

Tim and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. I can't even believe that its been EIGHT YEARS!! It's funny though, I have a hard time remembering life before us. It just feels like being with him is just the way that it's supposed to be. We had a great day. We dropped off our kids with my sister and went for a hike and out to breakfast and then looked at a model home in North Phoenix (that deserves an entire post of its own). We have no plans to move anytime soon (and no money to buy a house) and are still chiseling away at student loans. That evening my mom took our boys and we ran a few errands and went out to dinner. And I didn't take a picture the ENTIRE DAY! Maybe that's a good thing? It was a great day! And it made me happy.

So did this quote that my mom sent me. I feel so lucky to be with a man that makes me feel safe and secure and that is a constant in my life. And I'm not quite sure that he "loves me more" but he definitely loves me more than I ever thought I would be loved and that is a pretty great feeling!

Tim asked me what I wanted for our anniversary....I said a target and lunch date with my mom and sister.....totally selfish, totally fun!! And Tim he always delivers. We had a great time.

These two make me happy! Peter has started giving the BEST hugs around the neck and when I ask for a hug he says "and a kiss too". And Oliver is just a little sour patch kid. But when he's sweet he is just irresistible!

Our new bed makes me happy!! We finally upgraded to a King for pregnancy number three and I have been sleeping SO WELL. We got a Leesa mattress and it delightful!

Oliver, my non sugar lover, asked for a treat the other day. He was super excited to get started on his chocolate Santa from our neighbor. He was pretty entertained by eating Santa's hat and shoes. Kinda creepy, kinda hungry. And in true Oliver fashion, he was happy to be done after a few bites.

We did a little Valentines decorating around our house. Nothing major, but Oliver loves the LOVE Day, so we splashed some red and pink. I kinda love it too!

My mom sent me this list. I LOVE lists!! And I am always in need of a good positive parenting reminder.

This kid! Such a ham, such a crack up, such a joy! Don't you dare go dark and 2 1/2 on me Peter!!

Oliver wanted nothing more than to volunteer and wear this armor during Singing time on Sunday. He actually asked the leader if we could go back to this song just so he could volunteer and wear the armor. And Robyn is the sweetest and obliged. Oliver was so happy. It was pretty great!

I had my brothers kids over this morning. We never have them over anymore because they live "so far" away. It's so sad. The kids had a great time. Oliver and Max helped me make banana bread.

Peter and Piper had fun tormenting each other and being lazy.

And these three played lots and lots of legos. Legos really can entertain for hours.

Life is good. It's slowing down and now the endless list of nesting projects and getting ready for baby girl begins. First off, the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment