Apparently we are back in the 80's this week (sweet relief!), but last week it was in the 90's here and summer was upon us! My pregnant self was MELTING!! And since I am now just patiently awaiting the arrival of baby #3, I've decided we need to try and get out as much as possible so I'm not just sitting at home stewing. So, Friday morning we went to the splash pad a the zoo. The boys LOVED it!! They didn't even take that long to warm up to it (which really surprised me about Peter). They just went for it.
Our zoo has two separate splash pads. One is nice and open (nicer for little kids) and the other one has a cave (I hate it!). After spending most of the time at the open one Oliver requested going to the cave and he promised that he would help keep track of Peter. And he totally did!! It was a proud mom moment for me. Oliver was such a sweet older brother and at one point on the drive home he said he got scared because he thought we lost Peter. it was pretty sweet. There is something about seeing him take on a little responsibility that makes me so proud!
Off holding hands!
The boys found this fun little nook that they sat and played in for a minute.
It was so sweet to watch them!
I only brought one towel (the less to carry and keep track of the better), so the boys had to share and they thought that was pretty funny!
We met some friends there and they had such a fun time giggling together. I love that my kids have some great friends their age.
After the zoo we went to my moms house for the afternoon. We met my sister there and the kids went swimming. While I thought the water was far too cold, the kids had a blast and I was once again shocked at how well Oliver did in the water. He is for sure going to be swimming this summer. He technically already does, but he freaks out pretty easily.
Cute cousins!!
This little guy was super happy to hang out on the big step and had a blast entertaining himself.
The kids got out the giant squirters and had a blast spraying each other.
By the end of swimming Oliver was a popsicle. His lips were purple and he was shivering. He was so happy to snuggle up to my sweet mom. I love it when my mom and kids have sweet moments. It's just the sweetest!
Rhett eventually joined the warm up snuggle fest which was accompanied by cookies.
Meanwhile I used my giant body to warm up Peter. I'm feeling pretty glad to not be rocking a pregnant body all summer. It's sooooooo hot for that! PS I love Peter's hair in this picture.
And lastly.....my feet at the end of the day....I die!! They just turn into sausages. My toes and ankles and everything. So funny!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment