While I was out of town hiking, Tim wrangled the kids and did a wonderful job at that! It helped that I was only gone for 36 hours and that he had a Birthday party, as school Spring Festival, and a work carnival to go to.
Friday Peter had a Birthday party at the train park so they kicked off the festivities there.
Oliver was pouting (do you see in back there?), apparently because he couldn't sit in the hot claustrophobic box car.
And Oliver's nervousness about carousel's has surfaces once again. Poor guy!
They had a blast at the party though, which was good.
Then they went to the school Spring Frestival.
They ate hot dogs and soda (Molly looks like she's about to pass out).
And it appears that "face painting" is really applying a temporary tattoo to your face...hahaha!
Peter was super excited about his dragon balloon...
and even more excited about the stuffed platypus he won.
Molly was just as excited as Peter was about the platypus.
Oliver also won a platypus so all was right with the world.
Hyped up on sugar and loaded with unnecessary things that will break or get forgotten within 24 hours, they dubbed the evening a success. Tim said they all struggled to stay awake in the bath and that they hit the pillow hard that night.
Saturday morning started off with donuts. and errand running and cleaning the house so it would perfect for when I got home (Tim is a smart man!!).
Then they went to a company party at Enchanted island. The kids LOVED it!!
They played in the bouncy house (Oliver has decided that he loves to wear his church socks casually which is kind of awesome).
They also loved the rides!! Which is good because last time we went here I thought I was scaring Oliver for life with making him go on this one.
Pictures like this just make me so happy. Look at those two handsome boys!! I love that they have each other.
Oliver was so brave and went on the zip line.
He was obviously a little nervous walking up so high, as he's using his hands and feet, but he was so brave and Tim got a really cute video of him doing it.
BBQ dinner
Tim decided to be totally white trash and put Gatorade in a bottle. I almost died when I saw this picture. Hahaha! It's just so awful!
Waiting in line for face painting.
Spider face.
Ninja turtle face.
More balloon friends.
Taking a ride on the train.
Horseshoes
Both boys took a stab at it.
Totally passed out!!
I am so so so sad that I missed such a fun weekend with my kids. But the hike was incredible and I am so blessed that I have such a capable husband who was ready and willing to take the kids on all these fun adventures.



























No comments:
Post a Comment