Thursday, July 6, 2017

The Fourth at the Cabin

Sunday morning (after an hour of church, I left early), I loaded up the van and the kids and headed up north all by my lonesome. I left Tim home alone to catch up on work stuff and work on Monday. The kids were so excited to get to the cabin. In fact as we were driving up the dirt road Oliver sad, "I am so happy to be here". I agreed with him whole heartedly! The weather was amazing!! So was the fresh air and the company. We had a great Fourth of July!

Snuggles with Grandma on the swing.

Exploring underneath the table. I say exploring, but she is probably scavenging for food!

Oliver and Max shared a bunkbed every night. It was pretty sweet. I love these little cousin friends.

Making plans for the day.

Peter and Piper hanging out!

We went on a little trip to a local fish hatchery. We thought we were going to see some big fish, but it was actually a place where they hatched eggs and kept little minos alive. It was very interest but not as exciting as big fish :)

Looking at a "raceway" full of thousands of little tiny rainbow trout.

Snack time in her own big girl chair. She LOVES sitting in her own chairs. She thinks she is so big.

Trying on Grandpa's helmet.

Looking so big while I do her hair. She hates getting her hair pulled back but if I don't it is not only in her face but gets super gross with food.

Tim arrived Monday evening and we snuck away for a little morning walk together. 

Making Rice Crispy Treats.

Getting ready for a water hike.

Crossing the bridge.

These kids were ready and excited to get wet. We had so much fun with the inner-tubes. 

We found some fun little rapids that the kids loved going down.
I took Peter down a little area and he asked me if I was going to keep him safe which I thought was so sweet. 

Later he trusted Cooper to keep him safe going down this fun little slide. And Cooper kept him very safe :)

Water slide train...

Is Peter excited? I can't tell...but Oliver and Max are loving life!

Everyone bracing themselves for a splash at the end.

Davie family creek hikers. I love love love going on adventures with these guys, especially when everyone is in an agreeable mood. Molly got feisty toward the end but then.....
She zonked out in backpack. I swear I adjusted her head a bunch of times, but she just kept slumping out of the backpack.

My uncle Kyle came up with us for the holiday. I don't remember the last time I was at the cabin with him. It was a lot of fun to have him there. He was super helpful!

Suckers in the "royal bath-tub"

The kids caught a bunch of guppies and minos and Kyle held them for us.

My handsome husband looking so good just chillin' on the side of the creek. I love that man!!

Peter did not like walking through the moss and getting his shoes icky.

Warming up in the sun and using an inner-tube as a pillow. 

Finishing up the day with sparklers. I found some extra long ones which was fun!

He had to leave that night, so I was trying to soak up as much of him as I could.

Molly was already asleep. I am just so grateful for these people. They are my world. I am also so grateful for this amazing country where we live and for all of the freedoms we enjoy. I love celebrating the fourth of July and taking a moment to appreciate all of the men and women who have helped make this country what it is today. 
God Bless America!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such fun times! I love all the cousin pics. Peter is ADORABLE in those bridge pictures!

    ReplyDelete