Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Happy 40th Anniversary!

My parents 40th wedding anniversary is this coming weekend. 40 years is kind of a big deal!! So us kids decided that we should celebrate with them. We all made arrangements to have people watch our kids, Logan flew down from Utah, and we all headed up North to the cabin for a wonderful weekend. We were there Friday-Sunday. We played games, cleaned, organized, hiked, ate (a lot) and laughed. And we laughed HARD!! It was such a wonderful and relaxing weekend. I loved every minute of it. Two highlights that I don't have photos of but I do have video that I'm not posting is 1) My mom "flossing" (the dance move)...it was amazing!! 2) Whitney doing cartwheels all the way from the cabin to the crossing. It was so impressive!!

The originals!! I love how much I love these people! They all make me happy and I just feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be a part of this family. 

And the three additions are pretty great too!! Especially the red head in the middle ;)

Playing cards.

My dad with his girls.

The 6 of us went on a fun hike Saturday morning. The weather was perfect!!

It was so so sooooooo nice to have a weekend away with Tim. I know we just went on a big trip like two months ago, but it's amazing how fast those kids can really ware you down. It was good timing!

40 years is no joke!! I know my parents love each other, but marriage takes a ton of work!! They fell in love at 16. Lot's of people "fall out of love" or "grow apart" or just aren't willing to put in the work that it takes to maintain a marriage, but my parents have. And it has benefited our entire family. They are both awesome people. Very different, but they both bring wonderful things to the table and as a result make a great team. I'm glad I've been around for 32 of their 40 years. It's been a fun ride and adventure to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment