The boys started school in August. It was sad to see the summer go, but we were all ready for a different schedule. Oliver started 2nd grade and Peter started PreK. Oliver did pretty great transitioning back to school. He was excited about science and Spanish. Peter was a little apprehensive (and so was I) about a new class and teachers. He's spent the last two years at the develpmental preschool as a peer pal and we both loved it. But with the new baby coming Tim and I both felt like it would be good to challenge Peter a little more and prepare him a little more for Kindergarten and because Peter is an October birthday he's on the older end of the grade. The preschool at Oliver's school introduces Spanish and is more academic based so we felt good about it. It took both Peter and I a good two weeks (me more like a month) to feel good about everything. Peter is a pretty easy going kids most of the time and he's pretty happy. So when he got teared up and hugged me for the longest time when I was dropping him off, I knew he was struggling. He never asked to not go and he never acted mad....he was just nervous. It was pretty sweet and I love and admire how brave he was.
Molly was a little jealous she couldn't stay at school with the boys.
Handsome brave boy!
I can't believe how grown up he is!!
When they love each other, they really love each other!!
Hanging on the playground before the bell rings.
Then off to drop Peter off.


No comments:
Post a Comment