Monday, July 8, 2019

June

The first full month of summer has come and gone and it was a pretty good one. Lots of swimming, lots of playing, a big vacation, and lots of chillin' at home. I can't believe we are already halfway to school starting again!

We went to a new sweet shop in the north valley that Whit's friends opened. It was cute and yummy!

Look how extra sweet this girl is!

I mean....she's just the best!

Lot's of fun with cousins!

Cousin sleep over. I love that Oliver is all snuggled up to Rhett. They fight like brothers but love each other like best friends.

Chillin' post swim!

Molly has already made some incredible strides with her swimming. At the beginning of the summer she didn't want to get her face wet. Now she's swimming all over the pool. Jumps off the diving board and has been practicing swimming without floaties. I am so proud of her.

And this kid is such a fish! With lots of freckles.

Molly took a dance class. She LOVED it!

Peter tried pigtails on for size. The boys are "growing" their hair out for the summer.

Popsicles at the pool.

The Children's Museum

Tim and I went on a super fun double date. After a super yummy dinner we road scooters around Tempe Town Lake. The scooters weren't close to the lake so we moved them closer. It was pretty funny.

We had a great time.

We felt like kids for a minute. It was great!

Tim took the boys on a hike. 

They ran into this fun chuckwalla. They watched another hiker give him a drink of water with his water bottle and the chuckwalla chugged the water down. 

I went to leave for church a few Sunday's ago and Jack blew out on our way out. It was a mess. I had to give Jack a quick bath and we were very late to church.

We got some great hand me downs from the Laytons. 

I think Molly loves them the most.

Swimming! Our summer goal was to swim at my parents house every day we were in town except Sunday. We are doing excellent so far.

Molly practicing her back floats.

We are tuckering this girl out everyday. She will often fall asleep sitting up. Unfortunately that often means she'll be up later than we'd like her to be.

First swim meet.

Peter ready for his race.

Oliver ready for his.

Molly got this great doll cradle from Grandpa Frank. She got it set up as soon as we got it. She loves it.

I finally convinced the boys to let me trim their hair. It had gotten SO LONG!

I think I did a pretty good job.

Peter during.

After. Peter's hair is a little more forgiving than Oliver's hair is. 

Molly rediscovered a doll that Virginia Beach gave her as a baby gift. She was walking around holding it saying "scary". Which it is pretty scary so it was funny!

I've been trying to get my kids to help out around the house a little more. And they are getting new chores too.

I think they kind of like it.

Molly for sure loves to help whenever she can.

The three of us patiently waiting for swim team to be over. 

I found this cute little set up in the play room and it made my heart so happy. Molly LOVES to play make believe.

Molly is wearing a very similar shirt to my Aunt Carson in the picture. Same BYU logo.

The library had a frozen event that we went to. Molly got to take a picture with Anna and Elsa.

The boys had a lot of fun working on crafts.

They each made an Olaf puppet.

And cut out snowflakes. Molly had so much fun cutting her snowflake that she cut it down to nothing.

When Tim gets to swim with us it's a pretty big deal. The boys LOVE it! They were all pretty proud of their three people tall tower.

Standing on shoulders.

No hands!!

This girl!! She's equal parts crazy and awesome!! She is potty trained (mostly) and really getting big. She is aware when she makes mistakes and apologizes which I love love love about her.

And these two bring me so much calm and peace. I am so grateful for them!

After months of not having a mirror in this bathroom I finally decided on one. So happy to have it look a little more complete in there. We start demo on our master bathroom tomorrow. Here we go again!

Peace out June!! You were exhausting and awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment