It didn't take much to convince me to take another test. However those pregnancy tests are expensive little suckers and I have to get the digital ones 'cause I had a misunderstanding with the plus negative ones....but that story is for another day. Needless to say I was a little hesitant about using up another test. But the hesitancy didn't stop me. I relieved myself on that little stick (which TMI but for the record, I don't like urinating onto sticks or into cups, which you have to do a lot of when you're pregnant!). We let the little stick sit there on the counter while we brushed our teeth and chatted and made nervous/giddy small talk. Would it be negative? Would it be positive? The messages on those little things just don't appear fast enough. I lost my train of anticipated thought for just one second only to watch Tim open his mouth wide and hold up the stick. PREGNANT it read!!! (I told Tim they need to add exclamation points and a congratulations after that and then realized that unfortunately some people would appreciate that). We were thrilled and Tim was still in denial (kinda like when my water broke with Oliver and he told me I was fine and that the baby wasn't coming that night..........), it takes a lot to convince him of these things :) We really were so excited though. The worst part was that I was bursting at the seams with excitement and then per "norm" I had to keep the news to myself and if you know me at all, you know that I do NOT like to keep exciting news to myself! But now I can tell the world and don't you worry, I will.
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
The day we found out
You may, but probably don't remember, that Tim and I decided to make our Valentines gifts for each other this year. Towards the middle of January we had decided that we would start "trying" for a second baby. A day or two before Valentines Day I had a great idea. I would take a pregnancy test, it would be positive, and I would wrap the test up and give it to Tim and tell him that for Valentines Day I made him a baby..... (can you tell I procrastinated making his gift?). Unfortunately the test was negative but deep down inside I just knew I was pregnant. I just knew it. Valentines day was on Thursday and by Tuesday Tim was so sick of hearing me tell him how convinced I was that I had a little baby growing inside of me, even though I had already had a negative pregnancy test, that he convinced me to take another one. In cases like these I like to think of Tim as a little doubter. He was definitely trying to apease me but in his head I know he was thinking I was cray cray and there was no way we were already pregnant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Oh, that has got to be one of the cutest posts EVER! I love hearing little intimate stories like that. SO great. You guys are going to be such cute parents to another little baby (or 5 or 6, right??)
ReplyDeleteI haven't read blogs in so long. I LOVE your face in that pic. haah! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteThe picture of you two is priceless.
ReplyDelete