Monday, April 1, 2013

A Very Happy Easter

We had a very happy Easter this year. We were so lucky to be able to spend it with family. Our day began with Easter baskets. The Easter Bunny very dutifully stopped by our house and Oliver knew exactly what to do when he saw his little basket and boy was he happy with what he got.



Then we stopped by my parents house on our way to church for a traditional Easter family photo. Ever since I can remember my family always took a picture and that is a tradition I would like to carry on with Tim and our children.
This was my favorite picture, but I was a little sad about the shadows and after the fact I realized it would have been nice to have a full body shot (just like the tradition we did).

This is a new face Oliver has started to make. Much like a pirate!
So I decided we should take another stab at the picture taking at the church. This time we roped Cody into takin a few shots. 

We got mostly full body, but the angle and background were a fail (I'm hard to please it appears).

Tim wanted to get a shot of me and Oliver. Unfortunately Oliver didn't like this idea and neither did my left eyebrow apparently.

The eyebrow is still out of sorts and Oliver looks like he might eat me.......family picture taking=over.

Sunday afternoon we headed over to my parents house and ate a delicious ham dinner. The table was beautiful and it was so fun to have dinner with my siblings, parents, grandparents, aunt, uncle and one of my moms friends. (We managed to fit 14 adults around the table!) After dinner, more family pictures!

The Great Grandparents with their kiddies. I hate to think that these kids don't fully understand how amazing their great-grandparents are.

Then they got to sit with their grandparents. I think they know how great these two are; The endless chocolate milk and treats can make almost anyone look good to these little hoodlums :)

Had to get a fab four sibling photo.

And then a photo with the additions. I can honestly say that my best friends are in this picture. I love all of my siblings and their spouses. We are so lucky!

And then it was time for the Easter egg hunt.
Oliver was not joking around with this.

He knew exactly what to do after our test run on Friday at Cody and Claire's with friends.

When all the eggs were found, he plopped himself right on the grass.......

And started digging in!

And so did the rest of the "babies"

All the kids with their finds

It was so incredibly nice outside that we decided to sit in the grass and eat our dessert (Angel food cake with strawberries and cream).

We ended our day with the adult egg hunt. My awesome parents hide cash in eggs and my dad hides them (in extremely hard to find places) all over the backyard. It is a pretty good time! 

What a perfect day! I love holidays like Easter, especially when I have the privilege to go to church and really take time to focus on the true meaning of the holiday. My Savior lives!!! He made death the passage way to life eternal. Families can be together forever and I know without at doubt that is true. "In our hour of deepest sorrow, we can receive profound peace from the words of the angel that first Easter morning: 'He is not here; for he is risen.'" - Thomas S Monson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment