Riding bikes on the boardwalk, a definite favorite! We brought our beach cruisers and bike trailer and all of the adults had fun cruising with the kiddos up and down the boardwalk all week.
The trailer passengers had to wear glasses due to kicked up sand (they totally kept them on).
We also used the trailer to haul wood and other goods for our little bonfire on the beach.
This was the first year we did a bonfire and it was so fun! I'm pretty sure we'll have to make it an annual thing.
None of the kids fell in the fire (Tim was pretty concerned having just rotated on burn in August). And they all seemed to enjoy the roasted hot-dogs and s'mores.
And we all sat around after we ate and sang to my mediocre ukulele playing. It was pretty cliche and pretty awesome!!
My parents are the GREATEST!!! Honestly, they plan and pretty much pay for the entire trip. They are so cute and so generous and I LOVE that we get to spend so much time with them.
My fabulous mother celebrated her Birthday while we were there. Tim made her this cake (isn't it pretty fantastic? Can you tell he's trying his hardest to be the favorite in-law?). Tim named my mom "the bird" a couple of years ago and it stuck among the kids. We'll say things like "angry bird" when she's upset or "bird alert" when she has something to say to everyone. Or "the bird has left the nest" when she gets out of bed in the morning. You get the drift. It's pretty funny and his punny cake was too!
All of the girls went and got pedicures in honor of her "Bird-day". It was Elizabeth's first one and I think she loved it, who wouldn't?
And there is nothing like a good pedicure when you can't even see your toes let alone comfortably reach them for painting. (can't you tell what foot belongs to which person?)
We also made a trip to target (I needed a new bra without an underwire, my baby is growing up instead of down....TMI). We found these fantastic owl shirts and managed to talk my mom into getting one.
We took lots of selfies.
And LOTS!!
We rented Kyaks. This was SO fun!! I even got my pregnant self in one and despite rolling a few times managed to remain unscathed. This too is going to have to be a repeat activity.
I got to spend every day with these two dream boats! Such a nice change of pace for us.
And I got to bond with the siblings, love those guys!
And Logan was a super duper big helper with the kids as always, they love him and miss him now that he's back at school.
The cousins had a ton of fun playing and spending every day with each other. They are so cute! I also noticed that Oliver gets kinda naughty when he spends lots of time with them. He can't contain his love and excitement.
How great is this pic?
And this one?
The boys went golfing (not a highlight for me, but I'm sure for them).
Oliver got to be outside more in the last week than he has been all summer (slight exaggeration). The weather in San Diego is a dream. It's why whenever I go I question my decision to leave. I think that the weather in Heaven really will be similar (in my heaven at least).
Oliver got his first bee sting. It was pretty sad but I got some pretty great cuddles out of it.
We got to see friends (what few are still living in San Diego). I went to lunch with my fave girls from work one day (no pic, and I'm so sad) and then we met up with these folks for dessert our last night. It was so fun to see them. Don't you love it when you see people you love and even if it's been a while things are still so natural and fantastic? That's what kind of friends we have right here.
And these two beautiful ladies showered me with some pretty great baby goods! And that is a whole other topic!
Can you believe that I took this picture with my iPhone?!?!?! Anyway, how fantastic is this? It totally captured my entire week in San Diego. Thanks mom and dad for such an unforgettable week. You guys really are the greatest!!!
Oh and one more highlight, watching the dolphins. Call me cheesy but we saw then every day and by the end of the week we caught them jumping out of the water and riding the waves. It was very magical.













No comments:
Post a Comment