Fortunately this last week has been so much better. I have been able to take it easy and I've slept a lot better which really helps. The weather is "cooling down". We are supposed to be in the 90's this week. Oh happy day!!!!!!!!! And Tim has tomorrow AND Tuesday off. Life is looking pretty good :) I am officially 34 1/2 weeks (yes the 1/2 does make a huge difference) and because Oliver was THREE weeks early, I plan on being ready for anything 2 1/2 weeks from now. So between Tim's upcoming 30th Birthday and Oliver's Halloween Costume and satisfying the rest of the nesting bug that is consuming me, I have my work cut out for me (and yet there is still plenty of time to watch Felicity which I discovered on Netflix a few weeks ago and then while we were in San Diego it was removed from Netflix which made me so sad but then my knight in shining armor of a man made it all right and I can continue watching and wishing that I went to college in NYC when Tim is off working nights......but I digress).
I am also trying to remind myself on a daily basis that my time with just Oliver, being a mom to just one is soon coming to an end and I want to soak up as much of it as I can despite Oliver's need to be completely independent.
This is what this week looked like:
I bought Oliver some Thomas the Train bubble bath. He was pretty excited about it!
My sister just cut her hair very similar to this (a little longer). I can't tell you how tempting it is......what should I do?!?!?! I refuse to do anything until I loose the baby weight but I still obsess about it. If you ever talk to my sister or my mom or looked at my grandma Gail's bajillion different hairstyles, you will realize that hair unrest is in the DNA. What I wouldn't give for someone to make my hair decisions for me :) I actually just really do like looking at different hairstyles, I just don't like being stuck with any specific one. Time to start investing in wigs ;)
We had a very fun play date with Max. I love that the boys are finally starting to play together rather than just by each other.
Oliver made a robot and dog and watched Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood with Tim. He was one happy little boy.
I went to a Birthday luncheon for my mom, isn't she the cutest? Whitney and I felt so grown-up to be around such wise women during the day without our children. I love celebrating my mom. She deserves every ounce of love and attention, she is the best!!
Tim worked a few nights this week and I send him kissy faces before I turn out the lights (is it just me or does it look like I might be loosing my eyebrows? I am only slightly concerned about this).
This one gets to be the largest photo because I am pretty proud of myself. I FINISHED the quilt!! Don't look too close, but it turned out better than I thought it would so I am pretty happy with it. And I think I might make another quilt someday which is always a good sign that a project went well. Do you think baby boy will even appreciate it? Even if he doesn't it was a good learning experience.






No comments:
Post a Comment