Sunday, September 29, 2013

A pillow, a chair, a Birthday dinner and a grey hair

How's that for a title? I thought I was pretty clever for rhyming. Life has been pretty fantastic this week. The weather is cooling down. Oliver and I walked to the park at least three times and I didn't die of heat stroke. And I've been "relaxing" in the evening with "Felicity" while Tim works. It's nice to have a little show to keep me distracted. During the days I've been slowly trying to work on my checklist. Tim's 30th Birthday, Oliver's Halloween costume, light decorating for fall (something I haven't done but am determined to do finally, only took 5 years of marriage), finishing the baby's room and updating our room a little while I'm at it. Everything is happening at a nice even pace and hopefully most of it will be done by the time little boo decides to grace us with his presence.

I found this pillow at Nordstrom and REALLY wanted it. I was ready to get rid of what we had and simplify. The lamps are experiments and I'm still on the look out for replacements. Wish me luck!

We found this chair at IKEA that I am in love with and have been stewing over for the past 3 months. We finally bought it last week and I am pretty excited about it.

I found a grey hair in Tim's hair a few days ago and took a picture to show him. Can you spot it?

The Birthday season is officially booming in the Riding family. Today we celebrated Cody and Crew's Birthdays. My mom is so good to make such a delicious dinner for all of us and deal with the crazy grandkids running around like the flying monkeys from the Wizard of OZ. After dinner the kids happily laid on her bed with a movie and a sippy cup of milk, all 6 of them. I can't believe it's soon to be 8. I hope my parents house can handle it!

My mom and Elle played a little Heart and Soul tonight and Oliver wanted to join in on the fun. I don't blame him. I can't wait for him to take piano!

2 comments:

  1. That chair is beyond fantastic!!!! Great pick up! So fun to get a few new things for your new baby! Can't wait to see the whole nursery :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! SHOW US THE NURSERY ALREADY!!!! Also, will you come and decorate my house. Please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete