Meanwhile, Oliver's little imagination is blowing up!! I'll tell you what, that kids can turn a shelf into an oven and a truck into a blender. And, when he decides to read you a book, it's worth dropping EVERYTHING to hear what he comes up with (most of which is nonsensical including made up words). There's something about his little imagination that has me feeling like he's quite brilliant (as I'm sure most mothers do). And his opinions are stronger than ever. And he's pretty insistent on having things his way. This can be tricky (and flat out annoying at times) but I gain new insight on my strong willed son the other night while reading and feeding Peter. The book I'm reading deserves a post of its own, it's a really great parenting book. Anyway, in it the author quotes a church leader talking about kids saying, "If you're going to raise leaders, you've got to expect them to have a will of their own, I know it's hard to deal with, but be glad that they have an opinion." Then the author went on to say, "Expressing strong opinions isn't always a bad thing and in fact can lead to really good things...if you can just survive today." I love that, even if I am just referring to my two year old. Good things will come from his little opinionated self, if I can just learn how to compromise with him or "survive".
This morning I stopped by my parents house to drop something off on my way to Target with my boys. My mom offered to keep Oliver which I happily accepted and then went on my merry way to my all time favorite store where Peter slept for the entire time and I soaked up the ability to just walk the isles and get what I needed. When I got back to my moms Oliver was having a grand ol' time "helping" my dad with yard work. My dad is such a fun and patient Grandpa and Oliver LOVES him!! It was such a nice way to spend a Saturday morning (especially with Tim working). I am so incredibly grateful to be close to my parents and for ALL they do for our little family.
The Paper plate was his car and then became his "twisting wheel" (steering wheel)
Making a domino smoothie
Sunglasses in the tub......
Grandpa's famous smoothies while I was at Target
Helping Grandpa mow the law
A little taste of Heaven during Oliver's nap
He just fits so perfectly laying there and he's so snuggly!!
Last one (how ridiculous is it that I took three pics holding my baby in one sitting? These happy little quiet daytime moments are kinda rare so I guess I was taking advantage).







Kicking my babies out of my room is always the best decision for everyone! And isn't it funny how going shopping with just the baby seems like heaven? I still amazed when I only have one or two children with me. I thought one was so hard... :)
ReplyDelete