Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Madness

The last few weeks have been madness around here. It's not just having two kids, which in and of itself is tricky business, but Tim is on an entire rotation of nights in the ER (poke both of our eyes out!!). Basically he works all night and sleeps all day and neither one of us is getting enough sleep. And I have no sympathy for ANYONE who is sad about their lack of sleep, especially if they get to sleep longer than 5 hours without any interruptions, which means Tim has to lie to me about being tired or else the beast that is me is unleashed. And then there's the holidays which is super fun and a lot of work.

Among all the craziness there have been very fun goings on though. My sister and I helped my mom decorate her house for Christmas. I LOVE my moms house at Christmas time. It is a Christmas Wonderland!!



My mom sent me to get a pedicure with my dad last week while she watched my boys which was delightful! That's right, my dad likes pedicures, especially when he's about to run a race which he did on Thanksgiving day. My Dad's Birthday was also last week (Thanksgiving eve) and on that very same day my sister-in-law, Claire, had her baby. The gender was a surprise, and out came little Piper Sydney. I'm not only excited that she finally broke the boy streak (6 grandsons in a row for my parents) but of course the name thrills me. She said it's in part because I brought her into our family. Now I'm going to have to make sure I'm Piper's favorite niece and she is just an angel. I love her to pieces. And let's not forget to mention that Peter and Piper's names are so AMAZING together right?!!? How funny is that?

Thanksgiving was delicious. I am pretty sure my moms Thanksgiving dinner is my most favorite meal. There, I said it, it's official. I kinda wish we had it more often (even though I know it's a lot of work). Thanksgiving eve Tim and I tried to make Banana cream pies which we have successfully made before and this time failed miserably. Fortunately our marriage survived the mayhem and we both lived to tell the tale (my  house only smelled like smoke for 12 hours).  My sister and her family were with her in-laws and Claire was in the hospital, so it was a somewhat quiet meal compared to what we're used to and it was actually kind of nice.

Oliver has been asking to "do art" which basically means I get to "help" him make little projects. It'll be fun when someday they are more his art than my own.


Oliver fell in love with his cousin's Jake and the Neverland Pirate sword and because he's been such a good boy these days (with sleep deprived parents and a very demanding little bro who sucks up a lot of their attention) we broke down and bought him his very own sword that came in a little treasure chest with other goodies. The boy is in heaven. He loves the headband, as much as the sword and he goes from Oliver to Jake in a matter of seconds and will happily proclaim who he is.

I have also been pretty good so I bought myself a pair of shoes that I've been loving on pinterest. 


The other evening Me and Tim and both children were all together and went for a walk. It was so great to be together, not to mention the weather!! I love being with my entire little family, I just wish it happened more often.


Peter is 7 weeks old today. Can't believe it! Unlike most mothers who boohoo about their newborn growing out of their NB clothes, I celebrate it. He can "stop growing" once he sleeps through the night and doesn't demand to be fed every 2-4 hours, it's exhausting. I do love this little boy though. He is so stinkin' sweet and he must have known that I was feeling worn down because yesterday he gave me his very first (gas free) smile! It made me giddy.

This boy will stop at nothing to be held while he sleeps!

He also makes creepy faces while he sleeps.

K, look at how sweet he is. I think he looks even more like Tim's baby pictures than Oliver did.

And there it is folks. Please don't judge him. This is about the time when my baby's go through their "awkward" stage; baby acne, cradle cap, hair loss, but when they snap out of it, they really snap out of it!

And lastly, I thank my lucky stars everyday that we live down the street from my parents. Especially with Tim's schedule as crazy as it is. They are so helpful and Oliver adores them. In fact just last night my mom brought us dinner and she watched Oliver for a few hours this morning.

How cute are they?!?!

And how funny is he?!?!? Oliver WAS there, but my dad was having too much fun coloring to notice that he left.

I truly and grateful for all of my many blessings!!

PS Thanks for encouraging me to blog Noel ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment