Thursday was an awful terrible no good day. I would say it was probably the worst since Peter was born. The sweet boy seemed to be doing pretty good for a while sleeping five hours a night, "turning a corner"......and then I think he sensed my optimism and changed his mind. And well Thursday I reached a breaking point. Apparently I can only run on such a small amount of sleep for so long. Don't worry no one was injured (for the record, I would never injure anyone). But the day was just crummy and I cried, mostly from exhaustion and partly because Peter cried a lot that day too. Will this ever end? I'm a pretty dramatic person but it gets pretty out of hand when I am tired (you can ask Tim). After a "good night sleep" I woke up feeling much better on Friday. And that evening something really great happened. Peter laughed. He laugh long and hard and good. It was oh so good! And it made me so happy! Turns out that fussy boy has some joy in him after all. He really isn't miserable all the time even though sometimes that's what it feels like. The sound of that laughter gave me a little hope that his fussiness will end (eventually) and he will be a happy little guy. Crossing my fingers that it's sooner than later!! I have honestly watched this video a few dozen times. It makes me THAT happy!
IMG 9403 from Sydney Davie on Vimeo.
For the record, these may be the WORST raspberries I have ever given in my life.
Oh my goodness Syd, I am just catching up on your blog now. I can SO relate. I would think that Olive was going to be grumpy for the rest of her life, and then when she finally started showing her personality it was that much sweeter. It is amazing what little things, like a few hours of sleep and a few laughs can do to our spirits. Hang in there!! Love you!
ReplyDelete