I had a rough night last night. If I'm being honest I would say I've had a rough night every night for the last 11 weeks with 3 or 4 exceptions. Last night I had a really hard time getting Peter to stay asleep after putting him down. The boy sure does love being held while he snoozes. After trying for about an hour and half (with a few little feedings in there) he finally let go around 10:30, but he was up for a snack around midnight. Tim and I both have colds so between his snoring and my coughing I didn't get back to bed until 1:30ish and was awake again at 4:30, back to bed around 5:30 and up at 7:00.......I'm pooped. Pretty much every night is similar, lots of interrupted sleep and not enough hours. And pretty much every night I go to bed thinking, "maybe tonight will be the night that he sleeps". I am trying to be optimistic but it's getting harder and harder. Well, I had to cry it out this morning. I truly believe that a good cry is good for the soul and gets out frustration (at least for me). Poor Oliver had to witness my tears (I do not like crying in front of my children) and he said in a very sweet and tender voice, "are you sad because dad is going back to work?" (today is Tim's first day back to work after an entire week off). I didn't know what to say, so I just said, "ya". And he said, "don't be sad mom, you get to stay here with me!!" That sweet little boy dried up all of my tears and doubts. Just when I thought maybe I wasn't cut out for the job and maybe it wasn't worth it, he just came right up to me and reminded me that it was. What a gift it is to be a mom and watch a little person have such a big heart. Feeling tired, but also feeling so lucky!!

"you get to stay here with me" I couldn't think of a better way to spend my time
It's a good thing he's cute;)
I know idea that I would be able to love these two as much as I do!!
THAT'S why they are so cute. Hang in there momma. It's worth it.
ReplyDelete