Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Very Good Easter

This is going to sound ridiculous, but this is the the first year where I felt really connected to the REAL meaning of Easter. I've always known what Easter is all about, but this year I realized more than ever why it was and is SO significant the Christ was resurrected and what that really means for me and for my family. This video, (that I feel like everyone has seen) really impacted me and I get a lump in my throat every time I watch it. He lives and because he lives, I too will live again and with my family forever!! What a huge blessing!

Now on a less significant note, my Easter was AWESOME!! Everything went rather smoothly. Starting with the fact that my little family all had Easter outfits that coordinated. You have to realize that this is something that I never thought would happen and fell together nicer than I anticipated. So, I was happy. Tim and I were up with Peter at 6am. We had breakfast and were pretty much ready for church when Oliver got up at 7 (which is rare these days). He was pretty happy that the Easter Bunny had left him a basket. We were out the door by 8 to go to my parents house to "try" and get some good family pictures.
This is how things started out. Nose picking and hair flipping.

Followed by crawling and hair pulling

And then hand sucking

And finally we got a couple of agreeable pictures

And I have to just say that I got blessed with some pretty handsome men!

Peter was over all the pictures!

After church Oliver helped Tim put together some legos that Tim got from the Easter Bunny. The Easter Bunny is da bomb!! He got me a really cute Timex watch.


 Then we went to my moms house and I took a BILLION family pictures. I'm working on my camera skills and I got some great shots and some pretty blurry shots.....like I said, I'm working on it.

How cute are they?

I LOVE Max's face in this picture!
And those bow ties?!?!?!

And how about Logan's suit and tie??? He is one sharp lil' bro! 

A classic Grandparent and Grandkid shot

And an even more classic Great-Grandkid with Great-Grandparent shot (I love that my grandpa is kissing Peter in this picture)

This is the typical Sunday Dinner gang at my mom's house. She's a saint!

Just the "Riding" family. I love all of these people, we've been together a long ol' time!

Then we ate dinner! It was delicious!! (The kids eat at a little table)

Grandpa Frank (aka Frankie Bear) held Peter while the kids hunted for Easter Eggs

Oliver was a pretty good little hunter


He was pretty excited about all his eggs

And even more excited about eating all the candy in them

The "Naughties"

All the kiddos!!

This is my favorite picture from the whole day. Trying to be like Ellen and getting all the siblings in a selfie. LOVE THEM!!!

Happy Easter!!


1 comment:

  1. Oliver looks like a little angel in EVERY SINGLE PICTURE! He is one photogenic little guy (how could he not with a parent like you ;-) I love how your pictures turned out.

    ReplyDelete