Monday, April 21, 2014

The First Cabin Trip of the Season

Tim has an entire week off!! Wahoo!! We wanted to get out of town without spending an arm and a leg so we headed to the cabin in Oak Creek Canyon. It was perfect! The weather was nice Thursday and Saturday. Unfortunately Friday was cold and overcast and it rained a few times. But we had a fire which was really fun! I love the cabin!! I love the fresh air and the trees and all the "green". I have the fondest memories of the cabin growing up and I really hope that my kids will someday share the same fondness. I also took the opportunity to bust out my SLR and takes some pictures. Some day in my very distant future I will take clear pictures with my "nice" camera and it will make me very happy. Until then I will just keep trying!

I strapped Peter to me (or Tim to him) for a lot of our walks. I've decided baby wearing is not my most favorite thing to do. They get heavy. Peter weighs 16 pounds as of last week and 16 pounds can get heavy.

Oliver and Tim had a good time "jumping" rocks together. This looks more like Oliver swinging from Tim's arms rock to rock and sometimes just going ahead and stepping into the creek.
 

Logan drove down from Flagstaff on Thursday night to have dinner with us. Its always fun to have him around and he's so great to both of my boys.

Tim and I decided to sleep upstairs in the new addition with the boys. We made a large bed on the ground out of two full size mattresses and Peter slept in the pack n play. The first night was rough (Oliver had an outburst for about 45 min at 3 in the morning) but the second night was fine. It was kinda fun to all sleep together. I'm very glad it's not a nightly ritual though. 

Friday (the cloudy and cold day) Whitney and her family came up. It was to fun to have another family up there and Oliver was REALLY happy to have some company. The Laytons are always a good time.

The kids stopped to play on a neighbors little playground. They had a great time together.

We made a walk to the "crossing" to stop and throw rocks in the water. 

Peter and I got splashed from said rock throwing.


Tim is such a great Dad (and husband)!! He definitely shares the parental load when he's around which is so helpful (and relieving). 

And this little stinker is the stinkiest he's ever been. I'm sad because he's so stinking cute and he says the cutest things and he can be so fun, but let me tell you, this little boy can be rotten rotten rotten. Parenting is tricky business. But, the open doors is his playground and he loved the cabin so much and he DID NOT want to go home.

This little friend on the other hand is perfectly happy...as long as he's being held : / 

Rhett and Oliver are constant Frienemies!

It's getting more and more fun to watch them play together.

Nice Face Oliver

Up close though, really, I kinda want to just pinch his little cheeks and nose right off.

Oliver thinks his dad walks on water and well, he's spot on. I'm so glad he has such a great role model and that he likes Tim so much. I hope that sticks for the rest of his life.

All my boys!! I still have moments where I can't believe all three of them belong to me. How did that even happen?? (Don't answer that, I know how it works ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you already know what I'm going to say here…DITCH THAT BJORN!!!! That's why your back is hurting! Mobys and Bjorns are notorious for getting super uncomfy after the baby is 15 lbs. Anyway. Getting off my soapbox now :) I just know that baby wearing still SAVES me every day with 2 boys, and Jude is 20 lbs now--wanted you to find the love if you still want to!

    ReplyDelete