Thursday, February 5, 2015

Scarred for Life

Oliver's sweet little friend Roman had a Birthday party a couple of weeks ago. It was at Enchanted Island which is a little kiddie amusement park in central Phoenix it and attracts all sorts of people, if you get my drift. But, it is one of Roman's favorite places and it is such a cute place for a Birthday party. The kids had a blast running around and going on all the rides.

Now before I continue, I need to explain that a few weeks ago we took Oliver to the train park and he went on the carousel and was terrified the entire time. Asking to get off and begging the attending to stop the ride. Clinging hopelessly onto the pole. I was standing next to him the entire time and I was doing my best to suppress my uncontrollable laughter. He has never had an issue with the carouself before and the way he was acting you would have thought I strapped him onto Tower of Terror and said, "Good Luck". So, I knew going into the party at Enchanted Island that we might have an anxious three year old on our hands. But, I also want him to not feel like he can try new things.  One of the first rides Oliver went on was a little Dragon roller Coaster. (I actually remember it from when I was a kid.) He was happy to stand in line with his friends and then when it was his turn to get in the coaster he started getting kind of nervous. And before the ride even started he was asking to get off. But being the mean ol' mom that I am, I told the attendant to just go ahead and I told Oliver that he could do it. And well, hopefully it didn't scar him for life because he was pretty terrified. I think by the third time around he started getting used to it. But he was not about to ride that thing again. All of the other rides were much more mild (if you can get more mild than going around in a circle sitting in a dragon) and he had a great time. They have a fun little train that Tim took him on that he liked. We were talking about taking Oliver to Disneyland last week and after the dragon experience we decided maybe we better wait.

I mean, am I totally messing my kid up? The expression proves that I'm at least making him miserable. 

I'm clearly the only one happy here (which I don't know why I look happy with my hair so flat and greasy I should be just as upset as the kids ;)

He's just not even looking forward to this at all.

I actually feel kind of guilty that I "let" him stay on it. He looks pretty sad about it. 

We made up for it with bumper boats that were, are you ready? pushed by workers. Not by motors. Workers! So funny!

Riding a little motorcycle next to Max


The train ride!


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh you crack me up. I love you and your flat, greasy hair.I bet Oliver will be all the better because you made him ride scary rides. I'm not sure how, but he will. :) Congrats on the TV!

    ReplyDelete