We've had a great week. Lots of randomness going on. Tim started a new rotation. He's back in the ER but this month at Banner. The schedule is pretty great, no weekends. That's right. He doesn't work Saturday OR Sunday! And that is well, a miracle!! The boys are just the best thing that ever happened to me one minute and the worst thing that ever happened to me the next :) Spring has decided to show itself to Phoenix a little early this year. While the East Coast is gearing up for more snow and freezing temperatures, us Phoenicians are boo-hooing that it's going to be sunny and in the 80's this week. I love the spring temperatures!! Just so long as they last until May or June!! Anyway, here's some of the latest from My People.
Smoothies!!
I made a morning "chore list" for Oliver. He was pretty excited to put stickers on each chore he'd done instead of checking them off (the stickers were his idea).
This little rascal managed to squeeze both legs into one side of the cart. He is so funny! How uncomfortable does that look?!?!
Taking selfies to send to Tim at work.
A couple months ago Tim got himself a second monitor (he looks so legit now). Every once in a while he'll let Oliver sit on his lap and watch a show on one monitor while he does work on the other. As you can see Oliver is watching Dumbo. He was very intrigued with the creepy Elephants on Parade dream.
Oliver put this extra knob in his shoe and said, "it's a shoe horn. It helps my shoe keep its shape." I was so impressed that he remembered "shoe horn" and the concept of a shoe shaper (what is the official word for that anyway?) that I didn't bother correcting him. He constantly blows me away with his little mind.
After two years of living with no TV we finally buckled and bought one. Tim's been moonlighting so we had a little extra money and we decided to go for it. I'm still on the fence about it, but then every time I watch something on the bigger screen I'm reminded of how much nicer it is to watch on the TV vs the computer or ipad. We still don't get network TV so that hasn't changed.
Peter wants to be big. He wants to just sit on the couch or any adult sized chair. Including the bar stools in the kitchen which is not an option for him, but he fusses every time I put him in his high chair. I keep telling him to slow down, but he refuses to listen to me.
Peter has also decided that he is ready for wrestling. Oliver is a pretty good sport about it, but I have caught him sitting on Peter a couple of times. Boys!
Peter just sitting at the big kid table like it's no big.
My sweet nephew gave Oliver this cute lego beanie while we were in Vegas a couple of weekends ago and Peter loves it just as much as Oliver.
We went to the church to help clean the building and they had a little cherry picker there and Oliver got to take a ride all the way up to the top of the cultural hall. And for being all freaked out by the carousel, he quite enjoyed it!
Peter didn't get to take a ride, but he was pretty excited to stand on it with Tim.
One of Cody's toenails went black after hiking the Grand Canyon last May. It never fell off. So, Tim removed it on Sunday after dinner. Gross!! It's kind of fun to watch Tim do stuff that he's worked so hard to learn. I would love to see him in action in his work setting.
We fashioned our own selfie stick. Me and my siblings with my mom. I LOVE these people SO MUCH!!
Here's a selfie without the stick. Please notice how creepy Logan's head looks here. Like it doesn't really have a body.
I'll let my handsome Grandpa (Frankie Bear) take us out. He turned 82 this year and everyday we get to spend with him is such a blessing. I swear the man has 9 lives and has cheated death too many times. It is such a joy so spend time with him.










No comments:
Post a Comment