Tim had to work on Saturday afternoon, so the boys and I headed to the park. Both of my boys don't love the swings so much. Starting from a pretty young age they both get kind of freaked out by the toddler swings even. Oh to be cautious! Story of my life!! At any rate, fear of the swing has not prevented Oliver from still playing on them. He has mastered the belly swing which is quite fun to watch and I think he feels much more secure. As for Peter, monkey see, monkey do!
Peter is taking notes on Oliver's form here.
I think it's so funny that Oliver has his little legs together in perfect form her. Meanwhile, Peter only flipped over the swing onto his head once.....
Pure determination on Peter's face!
We brought our sand toys. After a couple of years of not bringing the sand toys and fighting over toys that weren't even ours, I got smart and started keeping a little bag in my trunk. It keeps them oh so happy!
Sliding with my boys! I actually really like going down the slide with these two. It's do fun to do things with them.
On Monday I took the boys to the splash pad at the zoo. First time for us for the summer season. We got there around 1 as all of the field trips and napping children were leaving. It was PERFECT!! We took Peter to splash pads last year, but he wasn't walking so it wasn't that great. And well, he was in heaven!! Pure joy took over that sweet boy and watching it was just as enjoyable. There is something so great about watching your children experience happiness and excitement. It makes all the effort worth it.
Sticking his tongue out and lapping it up like a puppy dog.
Ok, look at this totally goofy face and his hands. I think he knows he's being funny when he does this. I LOVE it!
And he ran!! Oh did he run! And watching Peter run is hilarious. The boy has the shortest quickest little gait (don't be fooled by the legit looking stride in this picture).
Please notice the weird head to shoulder short little walk Peter does like 5 seconds into the video. The kid is a walking comedian. I think he does that because he thinks he's so funny. I love it!
Oliver made a cute little friend. He's usually not that crazy about the water unless he has a friend to run around and pretend with. It would out great that he found a little friend.
We really had such a great time playing in the water. I brought the boys some dry clothes to change them into and then planned on taking them home, but Oliver asked if we could see the elephants. Why not? When we got to the elephant enclosure (not the same as seeing them in the wild BTW) they started doing a feeding so Oliver got to throw some carrots into the enclosure. He loved it. I figured we'd just go home after that and then Oliver asked if we could go pet the goats. Both boys were in such good spirits, we had no where to be, no one else to accommodate, so why not?
The boys had a good time petting the goats. And then sitting on the tractors. And then I finally decided we'd had enough fun for the day. Besides, Peter had taken a morning nap (he typically only takes one nap a day even if it's in the morning), but he was looking so tired, so I decided it was time to let him have a little break and he fell fast asleep on the car ride home. I love it when they wear themselves out. Something Oliver is physically incapable of! It was such a great day at the zoo and it was so fun to be with just my boys. I love going places with friends and other moms, but every once in a while it's nice to be out with just my boys and give them all of my undivided attention. We really had the best time!
When we got home Peter's car nap transferred to the crib and Oliver had fun making faces with a fork while he ate a snack.
He was being a "bad guy" and having a hard time keeping the mean guy face without laughing
He thought he was the funniest!
There we go! enough composure to get a picture of what he was going for. I love/hate his little finger gun. It's such a funny boy thing and in the same breath it's kind of mean and naughty.
After this day I was feeling especially grateful and lucky to get to stay home with my boys and do fun things with them and experience the world with them. It's good to have the feeling, 'cause sometimes I feel the exact opposite and wonder what the heck I am doing with these monkeys. Either way I do love them!!








No comments:
Post a Comment