Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Out of Town

The past week and a half have been crazy!! Tim was in Nashville for a few days for work at a conference, he was home for a day (working 12 hours) and then I turned around and went to San Diego for the weekend. And now we are both home and his schedule is kinda nutso and I'm in nesting mode which I kinda struggle with when he's not here because sometimes there is heavy lifting involved, but we are making it work and I am getting excited to get everything in place.

While Tim was gone, I mustered up the courage (and had my mom help me with the heavy lifting) and put the boys in the same room. I have been dreading this for quite some time now as I was not quite sure if they'd be able to handle it...but they have done awesome!! Aside from getting a little frustrated at bedtime, they really have done a good job and I think in the long run it's going to be awesome. I think Peter is pretty excited about being in the "big boy room". This is just phase one of putting them together. I have some organizing and shuffling to do, but I think it will be good.

Tim really out did himself on the souvenirs from this trip. Usually he brings the boys back something small, but this trip he brought them back coon skin hats and cowboy boots. They are pretty dang cute and the boys are pretty happy with them. It's pretty great!

Out of my 6 closest friends from San Diego, 4 are pregnant!! And me!! Crazy timing! We are all due within the next two months. So I did my best to plan a girls trip get away. We are spread out in different states with husbands at various stages of career (still residents) so it made sense that only three of us were able to meet up for a weekend, but it was SO GREAT!!! We called it a friend baby-moon. 

I flew in Friday and Krystle and I did a little shopping. I'm not interested in clothes right now (for obvious reasons....even though my maternity wardrobe is pathetic and extremely small I refuse to buy more for only 5-8 more weeks of pregnancy), I was happy to buy some accessories and little romper for the baby. Then we met up with Maren and went to one of my favorite San Diego restaurants, Pizza Nova and then went to this fun little ice cream place that serves little ice cream cones. 

This doesn't really show how cute and little they were, but they were both cute and little.
Our heads make them look not so cute or little.

Saturday was pretty dreamy. We slept in and then hiked Torrey Pines (one of my favorite place in San Diego). The weather was beautiful and the trails were a little busy, but it was so great!

Then we had "brunch" at Caroline's cafe on La Jolla Shores....it was really breakfast for lunch but whatever. This picture doesn't show the beautiful ocean in the background. But I love eating there, the view is great!

Then we went and got pedicures and massages....I felt absolutely spoiled. My body was so happy to take such a relaxing break. It was just wonderful!!

We finished off the day at The Crack Shack in Little Italy. 

Sunday morning we got dressed and came out all wearing navy blue and white striped dressed. I was dying. It was pretty hilarious. Sign of great minds right there ;)

Krystle and I had brunch in La Jolla, this was our view. And we walked around and said hello to the seals before I made my way to the airport. 

It was such a fun weekend. So relaxing. So nice to miss my boys and have a little break from them. And so nice to press the reset button. But now I am happy to be back home and back at it!!







No comments:

Post a Comment