I LOVE Easter!! It's such a great holiday and of course the real meaning behind it gives life its purpose. I LOVE my Savior. I love learning about his life and the amazing example that he set. I am soooooo grateful that he died and was resurrected so I can have a better life. So that I can be with all of my family, the people I love so much again. There is so much HOPE in Easter. I just love it. I also love this video
It's Perfect!!!
We had a great Easter weekend. Tim and I took the boys to a Easter Egg hunt with friends on Friday morning. The boys had fun. They got to hold real chicks and had fun hunting for eggs. One of the moms there took pictures of the kids. I thought they turned out pretty cute!
These two are really starting to play together and love each other. It's so fun to watch and it makes me so happy.
Peter loved this little chick
Oliver was a little more timid about it, but I was proud of him for holding it.
And I was obsessed with this little yellow chick. He would just close his eyes (like he was pretending this wasn't really his life) whenever someone held him.
We had a fun little lunch after the hunt. Do you see that little pink fuzz on the table? That was a little pretend chick in one of Peters eggs. He was obsessed with it. The way he handled it was to die for! Unfortunately we misplaced it :( Peter was pretty upset about it and I have yet to find a replacement. I think he's moved on, but it was a pretty short lived but extremely adorable moment.
Easter morning the boys got their Easter baskets (Peter thought the Easter bunny was still going to be at our house so he was a little disappointed when I told him that the bunny just dropped off the baskets and left).
We stopped by my parents on the way to church to snap a quick pic in our Easter best.
This shirt doesn't really flatter my figure, but not a whole lot does these days. My boys look so handsome though!
We had a delicious/traditional ham linner at my parents house and then we let the kids hunt for eggs. They were pretty fun to watch. I love that Peter is old enough to find eggs all by himself and get really excited about it. I went around and took pictures.
Just before we let them loose!
Peter was thrilled he found an egg with hearts on it. He was fixated on that for quite some time.
Oliver all blurry and racing to the next egg.
Cooper and Oliver on the move!
Sweet little Piper just doing her own thing finding those eggs.
Peter had a hard time digging an egg out of the "chia house"
Peter and Piper sat down to compare loot. He traded the heart egg for a soccer egg.
My wonderful Grandpa Frank and his wife Joan unintentionally matched....I love it!
Logan was down from Provo for the weekend which makes me happy! I love having him around. He invited one of his friends from NAU who lives in Phoenix to have dinner with us. Her parents live in England so she was happy to accept.
Whit and her family were with her in-laws, so we were a smaller group. Her's a nice pic with Grandma and Grandpa.
Cody and Claire's cute family.
My cute mom noticed that she coordinated colors with her boys so of course we needed a picture.
Even Tim matched and got to join in. By this point my dad started goofin' it up.
Sweet Oliver with his favorite person ever!
Our little family. I still have a hard time processing that they all belong to me....I'm so lucky.
Then we started doing maternity photos.......and it was just awkward and I couldn't stop laughing.
I mean......
I love Easter and traditions and time with family and a reason to bust out the SLR and run around taking pictures. And I don't know if I mentioned this, but the weather we just right on point that day. I love Phoenix in the spring. I mean take a look at my parents grass....don't you just want to grab a book and lay on a blanket all day in that shade??......I digress......yay for a great Easter!













No comments:
Post a Comment