Last week was spring break for Oliver. We had a pretty good week, nothing too out of the ordinary. We did a picnic at the park and play dates with friends. We also spent some time working on their bedroom. They are officially in the same room and to be honest, I am kind of excited about it. I think there is something good about having to share and as Peter gets older they definitely play together more which I love.
There are the bunk beds!! They were super cheap from IKEA and they are nice and short. Oliver was too scared to sleep on the top the first night, sweet boy, so Peter was happy to trade with him which I think is just the cutest. But Oliver was definitely ready to take his place as the older brother up top :)
Oliver really likes playing in the desert landscape around the park. It's pretty cute. He's bending over his "fire" in this picture.
Sitting down at the table about to eat our picnic lunch.
Peter swinging with his absolutely adorable friend Sadie.
Peter inside his "house" which clearly needs to be hosed down.
We spent an afternoon doing puzzles and Oliver has gotten super good at them. He did the US puzzle pretty much all by himself. I love watching him improve and grow.
Peter woke up with some exceptionally amazing bed-head the other afternoon. A picture was an absolute must!
I kinda don't LOVE meal times. They just come too often....like every 3-4 hours. Anyway, I am working on feeding the kids simple yet nutritious foods. And I was pretty pleased with myself this day. I'm starting to realize that it's ok to put together a combination of "snacks" to make up a lunch.
My sister and her husband left town at the end of last week and my mom and I inherited her their kids. I ended up with Rhett (the younger one) while my mom took Crew and Elle. Oliver and Peter were in cousin heaven.
This morning we all went to Flip dunk for a little trampoline action. They loved it.
And this little guy is a surprisingly good jumper. He also had fun throwing balls to me and then running away as fast as he could. He thought it was hilarious!!
I know this is an awful picture of me, but I have to take a minute to tell you how proud I am of my pregnant self. When I was a freshman at ASU I would hike Squaw Peak pretty consistently and I have a very distinct memory of seeing a pregnant lady hiking right up until she started hiking with that baby on the outside of her attached. I remember being so impressed and thinking, I want that to be me someday. Well, when I was pregnant with Oliver I lived in San Diego, so that wasn't an option. And when I was pregnant with Peter I was pregnant over the entire stifling hot Summer and decided that maybe hiking wasn't a good idea, but this pregnancy nothing has stopped me :) I have been super lucky to feel well enough and not have any complications and I am happy to report that I went hiking this morning and I am 33 weeks tomorrow!! I'm pretty excited about it. I go with a good friend, so I'm not alone. It feels so good to get in a good exercise and to be realizing something that I've been interested in doing since my freshman year of college! And this is a new sign they put up at the trail head which makes me feel even more legit ;)







No comments:
Post a Comment