Thursday, September 1, 2016

Camping and Glamping

Our ward had a campout last weekend. Tim was excited for an opportunity to take the boys camping. I was not super excited about taking Molly camping. So Tim took the boys to sleep in a tent and I joined my mom at the cabin so sleep on a bed :) The boys joined me at the cabin on Saturday morning (they got rained out which made me super happy I went with the clamping option). It was so wonderful to be out of the city in the fresh cool air. Fall is coming....at least it's coming up North!

Tim took this picture at just the right moment. My MIL said he looks like a drunk rapper and I think she is spot on. It's just ridiculous!

Hot dogs for dinner!

Please note that Peter has his bun in one hand and the hot dog in the other.

Sweet Brothers at sunset

Sleeping through the thunder and rain.

Donuts in the morning in the rain. And yes, that is a retainer box he's holding. It's Tims mouthguard case. Every child dreams of having one of their own.

Cold and wet and still smiling!

Meanwhile at the cabin...

Molly and I went on a beautiful walk with my mom.

I love how green everything is this time of year. The plants and trees worked so hard all summer long to get this lush and beautiful and in a matter of weeks they are going to change again. Lots of deep thoughts and life lessons can be learned from that I'm sure.

Little Miss sat in the carseat while I ate a delicious fajita dinner that my mom made.

It was even chilli enough to have a fire. It was more for the ambiance, but still fun! My mom and I watched The Family Stone which makes me laugh pretty hard every time.

After the boys joined us Saturday morning my dad started working outside and the boys got a little tour of the cabin roof (sweaty hands!!).

Peter held an earthworm for the first time. He was a little apprehensive about it but braver than Oliver who wouldn't even touch it.

Peter got to ride on my dad's shoulders which he thought was pretty great!

 And here we all are. A little ragged and tired, but a lot happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment