Meanwhile, Oliver and I are still trying to keep busy. I feel like everything takes me twice as long these days, but as long as there is forward motion I am ok with it.
I bought Oliver an impromptu toy at Target the other day. He just "needed" it as he would say. And it has mad him so happy. On the day I bought it for him he kept saying "thanks for the drill mom". He sleeps with it almost every night. And some nights when it takes him an extra long time to fall asleep I will here the drill going.
I also bought myself an impromptu dress at target. (It was on clearance). It's not maternity, but it does fit over my belly which makes me a happy lady. I disdain maternity clothes and shopping.
We do a lot of hanging around. And laughing happens every once in a while. It makes me happy.
Still loving this haircut.....
Oliver found a "suitcase" to keep all his tools in.
Oliver also got a Chick Fil A cow from our recent visit to the new chick fil a that opened up by us. He really likes this cow and the "back pack" (menu board) that it is wearing. He also exclaimed randomly the other day "eat more chicken". The boy is a walking brain just like his dad.
Thanks to my amazing mom and Logan we got the first coat of grey up in the baby's room. I'm still on the fence about the color, but I won't really know until it's all done and that big pile of junk is put away.
I got the top of my quilt finished. Yay!! I am hoping that my mom will come over today to help me pin the back on. Here's to hoping I don't screw it up, because I'm pretty excited about how it's looking so far.
Tim and I celebrated my Birthday Saturday night (my sister had Oliver for a sleep over 'cause she's the best). Tim made sure that each of our boys (yes baby in womb included) picked out a Birthday present for me. He just is the most thoughtful man ever!
We watched Harry Potter 6 (cause we love Harry Potter) and Tim prepared fresh fruit and angel food cake.....
.....and a fancy chocolate dip/moose?
We celebrated Rhett's Birthday on Sunday and my mom got this great shot of these two monkeys swinging in the swing in Crew's room.
Whitney also put her "googlie eyes" on Oliver. How great is this?
I found these fabulous knobs for the dresser that I am in the process of painting.
Oliver has rediscovered his love of broccoli and asked me if I "watered the broccoli"?
Oliver has officially graduated from the high chair and he is pretty happy about sitting up on the bar stool with mom and dad. I can't believe how big he's getting. I know a lot of moms get really sad, but I think it is so fun. I love watching him learn and develop.














Oh Syd, I feel like I have missed so much on this blog. How delicious does that fruit and angel food dip look?! Glad you got to celebrate a bit before your Birthday with Timmy.
ReplyDeleteLOVE those knobs, great find! Can't wait to see how that nursery turns out! Loving everything so far, the paint, dresser and quilt!
You are SO great, and thank heavens for lights at the end of tunnels ;)
Cute dress, cute baby's room, cute husband and b-day celebration. Love the knobs too. Can I come over soon and see how things are looking? Maybe Jack will bring you a donut. :)
ReplyDelete