Monday, August 5, 2013

Burn baby burn

Tim started his rotation in the burn unit last Monday. Lets just say it puts last months rotation to shame. Moral of the story, be careful what you complain about. Poor guy leaves for work around 5:30 every morning and comes home between 6 and 7 at night and he is pooped (rightfully so). Unfortunately I'm pooped too!! Growing a baby and taking care of an extremely busy two year old can really take it out of you. Fortunately, we've both been blessed with some sort of super power ability to just keep on keeping on. And, we are already an entire week into this rotation. We'll be done with it before we know it. The really good news? Last month and this month are two of the hardest rotations of the year. Way to just knock them out up front Tim.

I've been trying my best to stay busy both with Oliver and any "down time" I have. It seems to make life a whole lot more enjoyable. And, nothing makes me more happy than this nesting business! It's so fun to switch things up and de-junk and simplify. It's weird how happy it makes me. So we have some projects in the works and hopefully we can get it all done before baby boy number two gets here. We are T minus 12 weeks and counting. Sometimes I like to throw myself a curve ball and use the "Oliver came three weeks early" mentality which puts me at 9 weeks......it's a good thing I've already gotten started on all this business.

I am going to be re-painting this beauty white for the baby's room. I've been wanting to since we purchased it 5 1/2 years ago. I took the knobs off today and began sanding.

We are painting the baby's room grey. I know it's overdone, but I don't even care. For the record picking out grey is tricky business. I spent $9 on samples at Home Depot just to make sure we chose the right color.

We decided on the one on the right. Also, side note, I would like to personally rebuke the person who decided to paint the top of this wall blue and the bottom brown. I mean really? 

And I've decided to make baby boy a quilt. I didn't do one for Oliver and kinda regret it. So, here's to no regrets. Please note that the dark material is navy, not black (thank you Logan). Also I opted out of using Orange. Turns out my high school colors (orange and blue) tend to haunt me and my entire family.

Oliver and I had a very good time at the Childrens Museum last week. I very happily renewed my membership there (for an awesome $25 off!). 

The place just makes him so happy. He calls this his "vacuum"whenever we go there.

Practicing his driving skillz

Oliver got a belated Birthday present from his cousins last week. He LOVES his pretend pizza!! Thanks Whitney and fam!

We hosted play school last week and Oliver had his first encounter with Play Dough (under my watch at least).

He was pretty excited about it.

Oliver and Rhett got to go to Build-a-Bear for their Birthdays (they are three weeks apart). It was pretty cute!

Oliver was pretty interested in the stuffing machine.

And he was pretty serious about cleaning his bear off.

They love their new little stuffed friends.

Oliver likes to play in our closet and wear our shoes. It cracks me up!

So, we are busy and happy about it! And I'm especially excited to get everything finished for this baby. It'd be nice to have everything done early. Just in case!


2 comments:

  1. So many good things in this post! I have to keep myself busy with projects, too and I LOVE yours! The paint, the quilt...it's all great. Way to keep happy with projects. Good luck with the home stretch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the grey! Way to stay busy. Nesting really is the best thing ever. I need motivation like this every year.

    ReplyDelete