We finally sold our glider and the white bookcase that was in Oliver's room. It was a little sad parting with the glider. I didn't love it, but I do have some tender memories of rocking sweet Oliver in it. The chair has become too much of a play thing for Oliver and friends, Oliver doesn't really let us rock him anymore and it doesn't match the new nursery. So we sold it on craigslist just this evening.
We also said goodbye to the white bookcase which we bought five years ago at target when we first moved to SD. We used it to display our plates because we didn't have enough cupboard space. We then used it in Oliver's nursery and I finally decided that I was over it and that sometimes it's nicer to have a little more play room than an extra piece of furniture. This went on craigslist too.


I had no idea how sad Oliver would be when we sold his furniture. I know it sounds funny, but he was pretty sad about the situation. I think he'll be happy once his big boy room fully evolves. This is where we are right now:
The rocking horse used to be Tim's and I think we are going to repaint it and give it a new mane. Oliver is still content with the crib so I plan on keeping him caged in as long as we can :) I'm thinking he'll be ready to transition come January??
I saw this little tent in the IKEA catalogue and it was only $20. I couldn't resist. I think it is going to live in the corner of Oliver's room where the Glider used to be. He's having too much fun with it in the family room right now to put it anywhere else.
We busted the infant carseat out of the closet and Oliver made himself right at home in it. Please note the grey walls in the background and the newly painted white dresser. I'm really happy with how they've turned out. It's finding a chair and a rug that have me all in a tizzy. Let me know if you have any suggestions :)
Oliver's been spending a decent amount of time with his tools. He's pretty good at screwing the little screws into the top of his workbench. Anything to keep that boy occupied.
The other morning Oliver got to have Lucky charms for breakfast. You can tell he was pretty thrilled about it. Sometimes Tim will bring little boxes of cereal home from the hospital. It makes this kid pretty happy.
We had Rhett over last week and the first thing the boys did was raid the closet and find a pair of shoes to wear.
Stephanie Nielson just "celebrated" (for lack of a better word) her five year anniversary of surviving a small plane crash where she was burned over 80% of her body. She was seen at the AZ burn center (where Tim just finished his rotation). While Tim was there Stephanie had cupcakes sent to the staff and Tim got to be in the photo for her blog :) He's the handsome one in the back row with the tight surgeons cap on. One of the nurses who helped take care of Stephanie said that she is honestly one of the most genuinely nicest people she's ever met and that every time the nurses would change her dressings which would cause excruciating pain Stephanie would always say "thank you so much". What an awesome example. And on that note, I am really happy that Tim is all done with burn. Hallelujah!!!
I found a bubble machine on clearance at Target and felt like it was a much needed purchase (it won't be hot forever).
Oliver and I went to the mall with Uncle Logan on Friday. Uncle Logan took Oliver on the escalators and elevators.
And that is one of the may reasons why we are going to miss Logan so much now that he is back at NAU. We had a little going away/Logan appreciation day for him before he left. He truly is such a nice little brother and the worlds best uncle!!
Tonight we had a pretty impressive thunder and lightening storm. It was crazy!!! I LOVE it when it storms like that. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does it makes me a happy lady :)











No comments:
Post a Comment